Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Decrease sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Decrease sensitivity

has anyone noticed the decreased sensitivity of both the parking sensors and the door key fob? Our 2017 was much stronger in both regards. We could open the windows with the double long press from a much greater distance and the parking sensors are equally limited in their effectiveness as well.

was this an intentional design change to combat radio trapping thieves or are we the only ones with the problem. Kinda makes both functions semi useless. Alternatively, is there any way to increase the sensitivity.

cheers
Old 09-23-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both of mine work from seemingly too far. The parking sensor tend to be very sensitive, remote is good, even from 75-100ft.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The window feature only works from approximately 6 feet.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

What model do you have? Wife's is a basic comfort model here in Canada
Old 09-23-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcampbell3
What model do you have? Wife's is a basic comfort model here in Canada
Are you referring to me or the other member? I have a SQ5 Prestige (US model). If you want me to test the range can somewhat measure the distance instead of approximating for various things.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With the title of this thread, I really thought this was going someplace else entirely...

But, the parking sensors are way more sensi then on my pev 14, IMHO.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
Are you referring to me or the other member? I have a SQ5 Prestige (US model). If you want me to test the range can somewhat measure the distance instead of approximating for various things.

that at would be great! We have comfort model with convenience package.

I guess the key fob distance has been reduced, but hope the parking sensors just have some minor problem.

she who will be nameless can really use all the help she can get!

cheers
Old 09-24-2017, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Audi has a "range limiter" for the comfort window system (open / close windows & sunroof with the key fob) as well as the lock / unlock function of the fob programmed in the software. As Symawd says, it requires you to be within about 6 feet of the car to function. With OBDEleven that "range limiter" for comfort windows as well as lock / unlock can be turned off. I can activate both functions on both my Q7 & Q5 across a good size parking lot. Just have to make sure you can see the car so you know what's happening.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does that apply to all 2018 q5s? How difficult is it to do? Can a dealer do on request?
Does the same range limiter setting work on the parking sensors?

as you see am a complete neophyte with this stuff. Any help or advice you can provide would be greatlly appreciated

cheers
Old 09-24-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcampbell3
Does that apply to all 2018 q5s? How difficult is it to do? Can a dealer do on request?
Does the same range limiter setting work on the parking sensors?

as you see am a complete neophyte with this stuff. Any help or advice you can provide would be greatlly appreciated

cheers
If your Q5 has the Convenience key option which includes Convenience opening & closing with the key fob - this mod should work. I highly doubt the dealer would do it for you since they're kind of **** about doing any software updates or mods unless there is an observed problem that can only be fixed with an update & they have to get permission from Audi's Mother Ship. It's easy to do with OBDEleven if you have a basic understanding of how it works & have the coding instructions (there are numerous threads in the Q7 MK!! & A4 B9 forums).
This particular mod has no effect on the parking sensors. There is a software module that controls those but I've never been dissatisfied with them on any of my cars so I haven't explored any changes.
The OBDEleven comes from overseas but this where most of us in NA got ours. They are great to deal with & customer service is outstanding https://shopdap.com/store/vw-audi-sc...obdeleven.html

Last edited by Cadx6; 09-25-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Decrease sensitivity