Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Orange reflectors up front

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Orange reflectors up front

My car just got to port! I just ordered some new reflectors painted glacier white from Tag Motorsports. Can you guys help me on something? Is that reflector just a reflector or is there an actual light in there? On my S7 it was a light that i disabled through Vag com. If it is a light, does anyone know how to disable it with OBDeleven?

Thanks guys,
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
My car just got to port! I just ordered some new reflectors painted glacier white from Tag Motorsports. Can you guys help me on something? Is that reflector just a reflector or is there an actual light in there? On my S7 it was a light that i disabled through Vag com. If it is a light, does anyone know how to disable it with OBDeleven?

Thanks guys,
I read that you have to remove the front bumper to install them and after R&R the front bumper all of the sensors need to be re-calibrated by Audi, not cheap. I hope you find out different because I would love to change out mine to the painted versions.

Last edited by Eppieguy; 10-07-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
There is a light in there but I have no idea about disabling them. I did read though that you have to remove the front bumper to install them and after R&R the front bumper all of the sensors need to be re-calibrated by Audi, not cheap. I hope you find out different because I would love to change out mine to the painted versions.
Unless it is completely different from my car, I find that very hard to believe that you have to take the bumper off. Pulling the liner away in the wheel wells should get you access to pop the reflector out. Honestly be careful on what you read about online as people just make crap up.

For example, when you take off the front bumper, which I have done on my car twice to install an OEM RS7 grille, there was no calibration needed, sensors everything is perfect. Another example, people say online to get the front rings off you have to pull the bumper off, false there is a workaround for that as well. I will wait to get my car and see what type of access I have to those reflectors and I will report back.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless it is completely different from my car, I find that very hard to believe that you have to take the bumper off. Pulling the liner away in the wheel wells should get you access to pop the reflector out. Honestly be careful on what you read about online as people just make crap up.

For example, when you take off the front bumper, which I have done on my car twice to install an OEM RS7 grille, there was no calibration needed, sensors everything is perfect. Another example, people say online to get the front rings off you have to pull the bumper off, false there is a workaround for that as well. I will wait to get my car and see what type of access I have to those reflectors and I will report back.
i think it's just a reflector, i've never seen them lit up at night. let me know how the install goes, interested in getting these done for mine as well.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy
i think it's just a reflector, i've never seen them lit up at night. let me know how the install goes, interested in getting these done for mine as well.
Same here. Eager to see how it works out. The orange ones — another totally stupid DOT requirement that does noting, but messing up the clean lines of front (end rant).
Old 10-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just covered mine with a very dark tint which makes them look pretty much black
Old 10-07-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There is no bulb in the oranger reflector. The amber side marker is an LED in the headlight assembly. Not sure if it can be disabled in OBDEleven / VAG COM.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
There is no bulb in the oranger reflector. The amber side marker is an LED in the headlight assembly. Not sure if it can be disabled in OBDEleven / VAG COM.

amber in the headlight housing can be disabled in OBDeleven
Old 10-21-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I read that you have to remove the front bumper to install them and after R&R the front bumper all of the sensors need to be re-calibrated by Audi, not cheap. I hope you find out different because I would love to change out mine to the painted versions.
So I just pulled back the liners in the wheel wells. Looks like you were right! Completely different then my car and it looks like I can't get to it like I did in my car. There may be a way to pop it out but I'm not sure at this point. Once I access it through the wheel well there is still plastic over it and no way to push it out. Im glad I checked it out before I ordered them.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I just pulled back the liners in the wheel wells. Looks like you were right! Completely different then my car and it looks like I can't get to it like I did in my car. There may be a way to pop it out but I'm not sure at this point. Once I access it through the wheel well there is still plastic over it and no way to push it out. Im glad I checked it out before I ordered them.
yeah, kinda figured, saw a thread where a guy was selling them since the install was so hard and then had to re-calibrate the sensors after reinstalling the front bumper. I’m just going to tint mine, I did that to the ones on the rear bumper and they came out nice.

Quick Reply: Orange reflectors up front