Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

I wanna see your weathertech mats in your Q5/SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna see your weathertech mats in your Q5/SQ5

Hi guys,
like title says, I wanna see your weathertech mats in your Q5/SQ5 vs the oem AUDI rubber mats "monster mats"

Gonna get delivery of my 2018 SQ5 at the end of november and wanna get prepared for winter now!

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay337
Hi guys,
like title says, I wanna see your weathertech mats in your Q5/SQ5 vs the oem AUDI rubber mats "monster mats"

Gonna get delivery of my 2018 SQ5 at the end of november and wanna get prepared for winter now!

Thanks!
I'll try to take some pictures later. I have both the Audi winter mats and Weathertech ones. I prefer the look of Audis, but the coverage of Weathertechs
Old 10-14-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I'll try to take some pictures later. I have both the Audi winter mats and Weathertech ones. I prefer the look of Audis, but the coverage of Weathertechs
In my 2015 SQ5 I had the oem ones, it was a pain in the a** to clean the carpet of the side after winter
Old 10-14-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
These are the weathertech floor liners, correct? I don’t think they make weathertech mats for the 2018 q5.

I’m wondering if the Audi mats fit inside the weathertech liners? I’ve seen a few people do that in other vehicles, the double protection with the look of the Audi mats on top would be nice if it works.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kbcanada
These are the weathertech floor liners, correct? I don’t think they make weathertech mats for the 2018 q5.

I’m wondering if the Audi mats fit inside the weathertech liners? I’ve seen a few people do that in other vehicles, the double protection with the look of the Audi mats on top would be nice if it works.
Should exist... http://www.weathertech.ca/en/audi/2018/sq5/floorliner-digitalfit/

And for the double protection.... Weathertech only should do the job... Never im gonna 2 set of mats
Old 10-14-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here you go. Front and rear weathertechs. They fit pretty nicely. Not exact in the front but you cant expect them to fit exactly being a plastic. I’m happy with the fit and they seem to be settling in only after a few days. Rears are perfect.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kbcanada

Yes technically they are the floor liners. Someone already posted pictures. I was about to take some since I just got back from the gym. You can't stack mats on top of each other because they anchor to the floor with two circular fasteners. If you simply said one on top the other it would pose a safety hazard.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought this one's for my SQ5

Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are definitely available. I had the tire shop price them out for me ($150 for the fronts). I think I will get some when I get the winter wheels put on. Hopefully it will prevent the salt crust on the side carpet.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like em... just ordered mine today,

Quick Reply: I wanna see your weathertech mats in your Q5/SQ5