Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Order Process Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Order Process Experience

I am pretty sure I want the a5 SB prestige, just need to decide on color.

What is the order process like? I am curious because I have usually bought a car on the lot. Any tips are appreciated.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:44 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

It is the best way to get exactly what you want and an easy process.

The waiting is tough, but irregardless, 4-5 months will go by whether you are waiting on a car or not.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with N8!, the waiting is the hard part. And hanging out in this forum seeing other AWer's new cars doesn't make it easier

Build the car online, send the config number to your rep and wait...
Old 10-19-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Are you dead set on exactly what you want, no quibbles?

Maybe some of the folks here could comment on bargaining for a factory order car.

I went into the dealership and first discussed the available cars on the floor or nearby. They offered $500 over invoice. Because they didn't have exactly what I wanted, we put in the factory order, and they priced it at $1000 over invoice. I did absolutely no bargaining more, but probably should have.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!

The waiting is tough, but irregardless, 4-5 months will go by whether you are waiting on a car or not.
Very wise and very true.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!

I'm also considering ordering my next Audi with Nogaro Blue or Nardo Grey. I'll add on to the OP's question. If you order one, how does your trade work...if you have one? Do you negotiate the value at time of ordering or when it comes in? For that wait time, i'm sure you're going to drive it and put miles on it if it's negotiated at time of ordering.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:55 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
I'm also considering ordering my next Audi with Nogaro Blue or Nardo Grey. I'll add on to the OP's question. If you order one, how does your trade work...if you have one? Do you negotiate the value at time of ordering or when it comes in? For that wait time, i'm sure you're going to drive it and put miles on it if it's negotiated at time of ordering.
All the sales paperwork is done when the car arrives and you pick it up. Prhaps you negotiate your new car's price first, then when you go pick it up - bring up your trade in and try to negotiate your trade.

Or, do the trade when you order (assuming you have a car to drive while you wait for the new one).
Old 10-19-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
Great questions. I'm also wondering if any finance deals pop up in the months since the order goes in, can I apply those to the negotiated price after it arrives?
Old 10-19-2017, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I negotiated my trade at the time of order, they did say it would be reappraised when my car arrived in 3 months and it could possibly change, but they barely looked at the trade on the day of pick up and kept the original numbers. There was a $750 incentive that started a few days before my pick up that wasn't available at the time I placed my order, it took a little bit of back and fourth for them to apply it to my order, but in the end they did.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by audi-one
Great questions. I'm also wondering if any finance deals pop up in the months since the order goes in, can I apply those to the negotiated price after it arrives?
Regardless of what you negotiated before the car arrives, whatever incentives and rebates are in place at the time of delivery is what will be applied to the deal...

Quick Reply: Order Process Experience