Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

LED Lights A5 too bright?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Lights A5 too bright?

Hi
I have a new A5 S line cab, In the short time I have driven it at night I have had drivers flash me pull up beside me to give me the evil look and gesture due to the brightness of the head lights.
Is any one else experiencing this or do you think they are set incorrectly? They are supposed to be self adjusting.

Thanks
Dr1Deck
Old 11-16-2017, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had my car 5 months and a lot of night driving, never had an issue.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same thing occur a couple times. Sorry other drivers, but.....

I assume the self adjusting you're thinking about is the auto dimming high beams. The regular head lights don't adjust in any way for oncoming traffic.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

This is going to be true for a lot of new models that have the LED headlights since they provide a crisper light at night and will look a lot different than other cars that do not have LED or HID lights. In big towns like Los Angeles, I would suspect you would not have this as much since there are a lot of cars on the road with LED or HID lights, but in smaller towns I would imagine this happens a lot.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr1 deck
Hi
I have a new A5 S line cab, In the short time I have driven it at night I have had drivers flash me pull up beside me to give me the evil look and gesture due to the brightness of the head lights.
Is any one else experiencing this or do you think they are set incorrectly? They are supposed to be self adjusting.

Thanks
Dr1Deck
Where do you live? Maybe not many people have seen LED headlights? They are bright though. Try the high beams - they're ridiculous - thankfully the auto-high beam system works really well so nobody has tried to kill me yet
Old 11-17-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Sort of on topic, The day after I got this car I had someone give me the finger while I passed them (legally and safely) and then someone long honk at me (while doing the speed limit of 30)

I dont know what caused it, but I drive this car much more passively than my R and never get those types of reactions. Maybe some people just hate people who drive nice cars?
Old 11-17-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ArvX147
Sort of on topic, The day after I got this car I had someone give me the finger while I passed them (legally and safely) and then someone long honk at me (while doing the speed limit of 30)

I dont know what caused it, but I drive this car much more passively than my R and never get those types of reactions. Maybe some people just hate people who drive nice cars?
When you were going the speed limit, maybe they wanted you to go faster?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I'm driving with my normal beams on, and someone flashes me, I flash them back so they can see what high beams really look like
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

I've had people flash their lights at me for my previous S4 which had regular HIDs and the Infiniti G37 with HIDs I had before that. Some people just aren't used to bright lights I guess.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I would be happy if lights are bright, I saw article a year ago and my current car Acura tlx didn’t get good ratings. I think some BMW had bad ratings also. I hope my future sportback on order has good ones.

Quick Reply: LED Lights A5 too bright?