Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New Factory SQ5 Build - MSRP off

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts
Default New Factory SQ5 Build - MSRP off

I got off the fence and placed my factory SQ5 order yesterday. The only odd part was the MSRP that was listed on Audi's site didn't match exactly what the dealer came up with when inputting into their system - theirs was $34 more. I don't care so much about $34 as I want to make sure there are no errors or surprises when it arrives. Is it normal? Can you spot anything below which would cause it to be off?

Base SQ5—$54,300
Prestige Package—$4,200
Carbon Atlas inlays—$500
Exterior - Navarra Blue metallic—$575
Interior - Fine Nappa leather - rotor gray—$1,250
Wheels - 20" 5-double-spoke-star design —No Charge
Tires - 20" 255/45 all-season tires—No Charge
Cold weather package—$500
Driver assistance package—$1,800
S sport package—$3,000
Rear side airbags—$350
-------------------------------------
Total Build MSRP—$66,475

Accessories
All Weather Floor Mats - Front—$95
All Weather Floor Mats - rear—$71
Trunk Cover, —$260
Base Carrier Bars—$460
Audi Beam - Rings. —$180
Trailer Hitch—$900
------------------------------------
Total Accessories—$1,966

My Total MSRP—$68,441
Destination—$ 975
My Total—$ 69,416
Their total: $69,450 ($34 more)
Discount (5%) — $3,472.50
Total: $65,977.50

First Audi for me. I've had my wife's X3 for comparison and I've been driving a very nice Sienna for the last 10 years. After reading a million posts & reviews and watching all the videos, I expected a let down when actually taking the SQ5 for a test drive. Needless to say, it didn't disappoint. Kids are grown up and it's time for a (fun) change.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The options look right to me. Can't speak for the accessories though.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Your SQ5 build is nearly identical to mine except for the cold weather package, and tow hitch.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build and very close to mine with the exception of exterior color, cold weather package and tow hitch. Just a reminder that the addition of the cold weather package eliminates the flat bottom steering wheel.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Great build and very close to mine with the exception of exterior color, cold weather package and tow hitch. Just a reminder that the addition of the cold weather package eliminates the flat bottom steering wheel.
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
Your SQ5 build is nearly identical to mine except for the cold weather package, and tow hitch.
Yea, this set of features just makes sense. I've relied heavily on the posts from this forum in picking my build. So perhaps it's not an accident that our builds are so similar :)

The cold weather package is a nod to practicality over style (as are the tires). Long winters and much of it is below freezing plus stretches below zero (°F) where I am in the Panhandle of Idaho.
The tow hitch is "only" $900 from the factory but it looks like double+ installed afterwards. It won't get a ton of use, but I knew I would regret it one day if I didn't order it now.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice build, you're going to like it.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spindlewood
Yea, this set of features just makes sense. I've relied heavily on the posts from this forum in picking my build. So perhaps it's not an accident that our builds are so similar

The cold weather package is a nod to practicality over style (as are the tires). Long winters and much of it is below freezing plus stretches below zero (°F) where I am in the Panhandle of Idaho.
The tow hitch is "only" $900 from the factory but it looks like double+ installed afterwards. It won't get a ton of use, but I knew I would regret it one day if I didn't order it now.

Same here... I definitely prefer the flat bottom steering wheel but the cold weather here is too brutal
Old 01-07-2018, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Milano versus Nappa

Originally Posted by spindlewood
Yea, this set of features just makes sense. I've relied heavily on the posts from this forum in picking my build. So perhaps it's not an accident that our builds are so similar

I can understand that 100%. I will choose practicality over style every time. That happened to me with respect to the seat options. I am in a climate where it gets very warm in the summer and thought that the Warm Weather Package would be nice until I directly compared sitting in the Milano leather interior with ventilation and the Nappa leather interior with diamond stitching. For me, the Milano seats were less comfortable and the seat bottoms much harder. I was told that the extra firmness of the seat is due to the addition of the seat ventilation. I removed the Warm Weather Package from my build specification and added the Fine Nappa Leather Interior. At the same time I saw the rotor grey interior with diamond stitching and could not resist changing from black which has been my go-to interior color for decades.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Your factory option prices are correct. Your discrepancy is in the cost of the accessories. Not sure where your prices are coming from?

Here is what they cost:

Tow hitch - $850
Trunk cover - $225
All-weather floor mats (set) - $200
Audi beam - $250

You can't add base carrier bars to the SQ5 as they come with the car from the factory, so you can delete that from your order (the dealer can't order these for an SQ5 anyway).

I'd add Dynamic steering to your order if I were you. Once you live with it, you'll love it.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dynamic Steering

Originally Posted by adg44
Your factory option prices are correct. Your discrepancy is in the cost of the accessories. Not sure where your prices are coming from?

Here is what they cost:

Tow hitch - $850
Trunk cover - $225
All-weather floor mats (set) - $200
Audi beam - $250

You can't add base carrier bars to the SQ5 as they come with the car from the factory, so you can delete that from your order (the dealer can't order these for an SQ5 anyway).

I'd add Dynamic steering to your order if I were you. Once you live with it, you'll love it.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the suggestion. Dynamic Steering added to my build specification.

Quick Reply: New Factory SQ5 Build - MSRP off