A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD Navi wire

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Navi wire

Hello guys
Again i am with problems try to fix my A8 D3 so when i bought the car the X owner had Igo GPS installed now this thing was connected to TV tunner and separate Satalite capture , what i would like to know is that i want to install the Navi Back the dealer he went to stole his DVD so i bought one but i cannot find the wire optic wire in the back does anyone know where i can find it or what is the path of the wire to the MMI so i can look for thank you
Old 01-11-2018, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The MOST bus optic cable is usually a no brainer since it is a continuous loop. You might have to get a short jumper from Ebay to insert the DVD player into the satellite radio loop. Find a good used player from ebay.

Stay the hell away from Car-toys, etc. Those guys don't have the foggiest notion of how to do something right - especially in an Audi.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If it a loop how the hell there is no cable optic in the back there is the cage for the DVD but no optic cable how come it not there
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 581 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by Amir Denis
If it a loop how the hell there is no cable optic in the back there is the cage for the DVD but no optic cable how come it not there
Wire cutters? Sounds like a hack job was done already, so anything is possible and beyond any specifics what we can speculate about.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello Mp4
My opinion is that if someone know from where the optic cable come goes in or from where it goes out to the MMI that how i can follow the wire and see if it was cut because i took out the glove box but i didn't find the optic cable so that what i am trying to find out i looked for a wire map or something to lead me but i couldn't find anything on the internet so if someone done wiring before and know where it is it well be help the dealer in my city is bad service they steal from cars parts to give other friend so that why i don't like to go to dealer and i think it is possible to do it by my self but i just need a map for that or at least a lead thanks
Old 01-11-2018, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Hello Mp4
My opinion is that if someone know from where the optic cable come goes in or from where it goes out to the MMI that how i can follow the wire and see if it was cut because i took out the glove box but i didn't find the optic cable so that what i am trying to find out i looked for a wire map or something to lead me but i couldn't find anything on the internet so if someone done wiring before and know where it is it well be help the dealer in my city is bad service they steal from cars parts to give other friend so that why i don't like to go to dealer and i think it is possible to do it by my self but i just need a map for that or at least a lead thanks
The fiber optic lines are orange in color with a black corrugated plastic sleeve around them, if you were in the glove box area you most definitely should have seen the fiber optic plug that goes to the CD player, or in the trunk by the TV tuner, SAT radio tuner if you have that option, and of course for the DVD NAV drive, I will post some pictures of what the fiber optic lines and plugs look like.
Attached Thumbnails DVD Navi wire-2013-05-02_00-41-54_607.jpg   DVD Navi wire-2013-05-02_00-12-58_673.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Man
You are the best member i ever seen thanks alot about the wire in the picture below what is that exactly and where can i get it ? how can i find it on ebay
Old 01-15-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That's very interesting. Does the other equipment in the loop work? Surely the x owner must have just put a loop connector in to bypass the satnav?? No??
Old 01-15-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I dont know what he done i took the glove box out i looked for the optic but the igo gps was conected to the TV and the TV have no optic wire so there must been desconected or i dont know what he done i need to take a day off to look better in the back to take off the covers and look for the wire maybe they pushed it there
Old 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

I dont know what he done i took the glove box out i looked for the optic but the igo gps was conected to the TV and the TV have no optic wire so there must been desconected or i dont know what he done i need to take a day off to look better in the back to take off the covers and look for the wire maybe they pushed it there
Hello Amir,
Just so we are all on the same page as to the build of your vehicle, where are located ?
Now as far as to your comment above, it sounds like all is behind the glove box, such as IGO and TV, and as far as the TV tuner not having the fiber optic, it sounds like you may have an after market item there, as the TV tuner is in the trunk on a Euro A8, and not at all in the US as it was not an option, but some of us have added the TV tuner to the trunk on our US vehicles, so, please post a picture of the TV tuner you have, also here is a picture of what the bypass loop looks like in case you did not know, along with a picture of the OEM TV tuner.
Attached Thumbnails DVD Navi wire-mostbridge2.jpg  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: DVD Navi wire