A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

HELP! Need to find the correct springs for my 2008 A4 DTM

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Need to find the correct springs for my 2008 A4 DTM

TLDR; I need to find the correct stock springs for my A4 DTM.

Chassis No: WUAZZZ8E88A801088
Engine No: BWE043658

Here's the long story:

I began my DTM Saga in January 2017. I purchased a reasonably-priced low-mileage car which had some modifications including Eibach lowering springs. I drove the car as is for a few months but as I live in the Philippines (where roads are far from immaculate), I decided that I wanted to return the car to its original ride height.

Whenever I would provide my chassis number to local suppliers, they would give me the part number for REGULAR non-S Line A4 Springs, so I thought that it might be next to impossible to find the stock parts. In the meantime, I really couldn't live with the absurd ride height any longer so I bought and installed a set of secondhand B7 springs. That proved to be a huge mistake -- my car would bounce over even the smallest bumps, and the ride was crashy and nauseating. Needless to say, I learned a lot about spring rates as I scrambled to find a solution to my worsened predicament.

Thankfully, I found the Parts Request section on this site, and I got the part numbers for front and rear springs:

Front springs - 8E0411105EJ
Rear springs - 8E0511115FN

Using the part numbers, I bought a pair of Suplex springs for the front, and had them installed right away. This improved the bounciness a bit, but the car was still undrivable as the rears made it feel like I was driving on a spring mattress.

A couple of months later I purchased a set of rear Lesjofors springs from another supplier. I had them installed earlier this week and picked up my car today. Before I left the shop, my mechanic told me that the rear felt perfect, but the front bounced a lot over bumps. That was a bit of a surprise for me, as I thought that the Suplexes had fixed the problem, but I brushed it off thinking that it might just be how S Line springs felt. When I got back on the road, it did indeed feel like the bounciness had returned -- far from the stiff ride I expected from sports springs.

Full disclosure: I purchased my front springs from the US, and they arrived out of the box, as I had asked my girlfriend's mom to carry them in her luggage. I have a sneaking suspicion that the seller shipped the wrong springs, which I was unable to verify. I also suspect that even though they were advertised as sports springs, the Suplexes were not as stiff as stock DTM or S Line springs should be.

My plan now is to buy a pair of Lesjofors front springs from the second supplier. Seeing as they rears felt perfectly fine on my car, I am guessing that the fronts will ride the way they should. The rears also shipped in their boxes and they were correctly labeled as for Audi S Line models.

BUT, I'd just like to make sure before I pull the trigger. Just a few questions:

1. Are the part numbers provided to me correct? If not, could anyone help me get the right ones?
2. Would it be good putting my faith in Lesjofors?
3. Are DTM springs the same as S Line Springs? I have yet to get a definitive answer on this.

That will be all for now. I'm a bit disheartened right now, as after over a year of ownership, I have yet to be able to drive my car in its proper state. Any help and leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!