Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Crushed, Parked, Jaguar F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crushed, Parked, Jaguar F-Type

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...10Y?li=BBnbfcL
Old 01-22-2018, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, guy on my F-Type forum posted that and now everyone's picked it up:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...uashed-195420/
Old 01-22-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me get this straight. Guy parks his car at his apartment home (which leads me to believe he has parked in this system numerous times) Goes over the bump stop, parks waay over, front end gets clipped, and now is not assuming responsibility, and blaming the design of the parking spots?

That man has no accountability for his actions.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

That's an interesting case and goes to show that there is no such thing as idiot-proof. There's always a bigger idiot coming along. Not necessarily saying the owner is an idiot, but he certainly didn't pay attention. I'm guessing the engineers figured that the physical bump stop would be enough to prevent somebody from pulling in too far. A reasonable low tech measure in my opinion. Not sure how this guy managed to drive over it. Since he needed a special bump stop given the ground clearance of the F-type and being a car enthusiast one could expect that he would double-check to make sure he is properly in the spot. Heck, I double-check even in a regular parking spot to make sure I'm properly within the lines with enough space so some idiot is less likely to fling their doors into my car or hit my bumper. Not sure how long Klaus has been in business, but I'm sure 10000s of people have managed to not get their car mangled in this system. I would probably call engineering failure if this was a widespread issue, but it sounds like most people manage to not get their car damaged by this system, but you can bet there is always at least one person that comes along defying common sense. I guess now Klaus has to add sensors, which could fail and therefore need another fail-safe and engineer a more complex system making the whole thing costlier, because of one guy who couldn't manage to park his car within the lines.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even after passing the bump stop, he drove an additional 2 feet in order to overhang his front bumper like that. It seems anyone who is so careful about his car and uses the same contraption to park into everyday would have that kind of situational awareness.

No doubt a mistake was made, but to blame someone else for how you parked and to look into suing is just ridiculous.

It was also noted that he had his bump stops modified to 'clear his car' in another post I found of his car, it was pretty slammed, so not only does he modify his car by lowering it and bump stop (which provides the signal in which how far to park) he blames everyone except himself.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Read what Klaus is saying about this driver. Flat out accused him of being drunk when he parked his car. LOL!
Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

All he needed to do was use his 360° top view camera and we wouldn't be reading this!