Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Finally picked up our Matador Red SQ5 Prestige ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Finally picked up our Matador Red SQ5 Prestige ...

Replaces our Volcano Red 2014 SQ5 P+. Every option except Cold Weather.

We *loved* Volcano Red and thought we'd be disappointed when it wasn't available for the B9. So much so, we initially spec'd a Daytona Gray unit. Then we say a Matador Red Q5 in person and decided it was worth the wait ... so we changed our order and so happy we did! It may not be as unique as Volcano, but Matador is stunning in person.

A few snaps showing the two colors side by side and a couple of just Matador at delivery.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweeeeet! I like the new color better than the old, but that's me.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The matador looks brighter than in any pics I've seen before, very nice! I love mine in daytona grey but would have liked a color with more pop. Matador red and navarra blue weren't loud enough to get me off the grey.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks fantastic. I'm still very impressed by how much they improved this generation over the last in every area but certainly noticeable in the looks department. I also traded in a '14 P+ for same build spec '18 in Beaverton, and they sure can shine up a new delivery vehicle! Congrats

Last edited by Transfer; 02-05-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kanack49
The matador looks brighter than in any pics I've seen before, very nice! I love mine in daytona grey but would have liked a color with more pop. Matador red and navarra blue weren't loud enough to get me off the grey.
I feel like all three of the "RGB" colors Audi chose for the B9 palette -- Azores Green, Navarra Blue and Matador Red -- are "sunny locale" colors ... meaning, they look stunning under the bright sunlight of places like Arizona or Nevada or Spain. Otherwise, they can look dark and subdued. That was one of our fears with going Green or Red without seeing in person, under cloudy PNW skies. After seeing a Matador Red Q5 in the rain, we had a better sense of what a "sunny color" would look like in our dull climate. I think the service bay lighting here really accentuates Matador Red's rich tones.

When we bought out 2014 (in early 2014), you could get Sepang or Volcano or Estoril ... lots of bright choices that didn't require sunny days to feel colorful.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Transfer
That looks fantastic. I'm still very impressed by how much they improved this generation over the last in every area but certainly noticeable in the looks department. I also traded in a '14 P+ for same build spec '18 in Beaverton, and they sure can shine up a new delivery vehicle! Congrats
Heh ... ours was straight off the truck that day, two weeks ahead of the ETA given in a report just the week prior. LOL. Other than normal PDI, it wasn't even detailed (because I'm having PPF and Cermaic Pro Gold done next week and didn't want them doing anything thing to it beforehand).
Old 02-05-2018, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Rob! I've been told mine should be delivered next month. I guess they moved it up in the production sched. I noticed you got the factory hitch, is that dealer installed?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Not bad, not bad at all
Old 02-05-2018, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by wishbone
Nice Rob! I've been told mine should be delivered next month. I guess they moved it up in the production sched. I noticed you got the factory hitch, is that dealer installed?
Sweet ... thought maybe you'd decided to wait for a '19.

Hitch was *port* installed ... yes.

Last edited by Rob O; 02-05-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Rob! I'm also working with the same dealership and just put a deposit down for a SQ5 a couple of weeks ago. I see you're getting PPF and ceramic pro done. Do you have any recs in the area?

Quick Reply: Finally picked up our Matador Red SQ5 Prestige ...