Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

first time in an audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time in an audi

hey guys, after 5 straight BMWs i got bored and decided to get two firsts; audi and a convertible. loving the car so far. the tech is awesome. getting used to a more relaxed ride (coming from a 17 M3 6spd) but loving it so far. still getting used to the audi MMI (cant search for a song on my iphone?? really?? lol) but overall seems pretty intuitive (other than the well known bug of top view reverting to a graphic instead of camera). details are 2018 S5 cab prestige. no DAP, kept going back and forth on that but decided against it. Coming from a BMW i wish the HUD had more functionality (music, phone). but overall loving the car

Still have my bmw water bottle 😬

Last edited by Omaralt; 03-16-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Omaralt
hey guys, after 5 straight BMWs i got bored and decided to get two firsts; audi and a convertible. loving the car so far. the tech is awesome. getting used to a more relaxed ride (coming from a 17 M3 6spd) but loving it so far. still getting used to the audi MMI (cant search for a song on my iphone?? really?? lol) but overall seems pretty intuitive (other than the well known bug of top view reverting to a graphic instead of camera). details are 2018 S5 cab prestige. no DAP, kept going back and forth on that but decided against it. Coming from a BMW i wish the HUD had more functionality (music, phone). but overall loving the car

Well what's not to like...that's a stunning color combination...but then again, I may be biased!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's just wrong!

Congrats!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Beautiful car, congrats!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Audi's tech sucks...

Despite the enthusiasm of the Audi fans it is feature-driven, non-ergonomic and buggy. But these S5s are just plain better cars than the BMW 4 Series.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the club. Have you discovered that there's nowhere to put your owners manual yet?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice! Love the color of the interior and exterior. What color is the top? Enjoy!

Last edited by Sundiego1; 03-17-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emacS5
Welcome to the club. Have you discovered that there's nowhere to put your owners manual yet?
Not sure if it’s on all S5 models, but I have the sportback and there’s a small little “secret” compartment for the owners lower left of the steering wheel. Pretty nifty spot!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by chuag
Not sure if it’s on all S5 models, but I have the sportback and there’s a small little “secret” compartment for the owners lower left of the steering wheel. Pretty nifty spot!
I keep mine in the trunk. Tucked into one of the elastic strap holders on the side. That way I can use the secret compartment on the left of the steering wheel to hold things that are actually useful when driving the car.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuag

Not for cabrios....there's additional frame bracing that intrudes into that compartment JUST enough to make the manual not fit.

Quick Reply: first time in an audi