Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

ODBeleven for the S5

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Default ODB Eleven for the S5

Is there a device for the S5 that allows reprogramming the factory settings like the ODBeleven? I’ve seen people posting in the QS forums about changing factory settings using this device but when I look at the web page for this tool, it doesn’t appear to work with the S5.

I’m still about 8 weeks out from getting my S5 but I would like to be able to permanently disable the “Auto Stop/Start” and change a few other settings when the car arrives.

Any and all help or experiences will be appreciated.

/John

Last edited by Nikon1; 04-24-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ODBeleven Pro works on my S5, although I had to buy a cheap Android tablet to use it.

Pretty much the only values I ended up keeping changed were the shift display in the virtual cockpit, the DRLs always on during signals (which includes rear DRLs), and the extended remote range.

Last edited by Wireless; 04-21-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be an Audi S5 SB owner in a few months and am interested in the OBDeleven. Is the Android device connected via Bluetooth or Wifi? Do you need a contract with a wireless carrier? I am an iPhone user and am aware that I need to purchase an Android device.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:19 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by gocong
I will be an Audi S5 SB owner in a few months and am interested in the OBDeleven. Is the Android device connected via Bluetooth or Wifi? Do you need a contract with a wireless carrier? I am an iPhone user and am aware that I need to purchase an Android device.
I’m in that same situation of purely iOS based devices. I’m hoping that a number of members can let us first time S5 owners know what’s a good solution.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Both OBDEleven and VCDS work fine with the latest S5.

Edit to answer recent questions:

OBDEleven uses Bluetooth to talk to the dongle, but needs Wifi access during use. I bought a $9.99 prepaid phone from Walmart to use it and it works great. I didn't activate it and just put it into airplane mode with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled.

Last edited by rccoleman; 04-22-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:10 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Both OBDEleven and VCDS work fine with the latest S5.

Edit to answer recent questions:

OBDEleven uses Bluetooth to talk to the dongle, but needs Wifi access during use. I bought a $9.99 prepaid phone from Walmart to use it and it works great. I didn't activate it and just put it into airplane mode with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled.
Thank you to both Wireless and rccoleman for your replies!

Would you recommend either the OBDEleven or the VCDS as a “better” unit for a beginner? Again — Thank you both for your quick replies!
Old 04-22-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Thank you to both Wireless and rccoleman for your replies!

Would you recommend either the OBDEleven or the VCDS as a “better” unit for a beginner? Again — Thank you both for your quick replies!
OBDEleven is much more user friendly and will probably do whatever you want. It has 'apps' that automate lots of desirable mods, and supports adaptations and long coding for more completed or DIY changes. The dongle is cheaper, smaller, and wireless, compared to the cheapest Ross-Tech USB dongle.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By any chance, do you know the model number of the Walmart Android OS prepaid phone you purchased?
Old 04-22-2018, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This one. It wasn't in stock, but I was able to order it and pick it up at the store in less than a week. You can also have them ship it.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am the biggest Apple fanboy ever and have no desire or want for anything Android (my Sony “smart” TVs **** me off when the unused Android apps crash and interrupt my AppleTV lol), but I wanted the shift numbers on my dash. =) I just got a $99 Samsung tablet from Amazon and can’t fathom that people can use it regularly. Wish I had realized there was a cheaper option haha.

ODBeleven is a bit painful itself, hard to imagine there’s worse although I guess it’s been 10 years since I’ve touched VAGCOM Read the threads here and on Audizine(?) for the common things to adjust. The apps cost “credits” even if you pay for Pro, although maybe it’s worth not screwing something up.

Quick Reply: ODBeleven for the S5