Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

WWYD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WWYD?

I have an opportunity to swoop in on an S5 Sportback order that a customer backed out of... The piece that has piqued my interest is that the car is Nardo Gray, my favorite S5 color. The downside is the car does not have the S Sport pkg or Dynamic steering. Dynamic Steering, I think I can live without. However, everything I've read says that S Sport pkg is a must. The car is a Prestige which does have the 19" Cavo's, Carbon Atlas Inlays, and the Nappa Leather interior.

The car has been sitting for some time with no bites... Given the specs, I'm not surprised. What would you do?
Old 06-20-2018, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Test drive one with the S sport and one without. See for yourself. I did the with the A5 S-line and without. I could tell a difference so I got the s-line one.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

S-Sport package is a must have option, its why that car is sitting.

The S-Sport package on the S5 is not available on the A5.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

must have is in the eye (and feelings) of the driver.

I've driven both extensively. My car is an S Sport. For the normal daily driving (if you do that sort of thing), the difference is simply not there. Push the car, and the difference becomes absolutely immediate.

Makes a bigger difference if it's a buy vs lease too
Old 06-20-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm going to agree with everyone else. Only way to know is to drive both and see how important it is to your particular driving style and needs.

I can tell you though from my perspective, the Sport package is a must have option for me. I love the adaptive suspension and use it in both comfort and dynamic mode all the time depending on mood and driving situation. I find quite a noticeable difference between the two modes. The sport differential is more subtle, you will not really notice it in normal casual everyday driving, that is until you take a highway on ramp at speed and under acceleration. Then you will really feel a noticeable rotation of the car as all the under-steer vanishes. I made the mistake of not ordering that on my 2012 S4, and while I was able to live without it just fine, it's not an option I would pass up again now that I know what it offers.

Look at it this way, it's only really a bargain if you got what you wanted in the first place. If you were to spec order the exact car you wanted (including color), what would it really cost you over and above what it costs for something that only partially ticks your boxes?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're going to fork out that kind of money, do it right!

Pay the extra $ for the S-line
Old 06-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't do it.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No S5 should be configured without the S-sport package. Its the entire purpose for the "S" designation. If you are a "sporty" driver at all, you will deeply regret getting the plain Jane vanilla version.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Get the S sport package. While I could live without the sport diff and red brake calipers, I really wish my car had the adaptive suspension.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If I did all over again, I wouldn't get one without the S Sport Pack and Dynamic Steering. It transforms the S4/5 into another animal.

Quick Reply: WWYD?