Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

I was going to buy a RS5 SB but I guess not

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I was going to buy a RS5 SB but I guess not

I wonder what a new Audi RS5 SB will cost now?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

All Germany has to do is lower their tariffs on US cars going there. Blame German Hillary.

Last edited by CtheW0rld; 06-22-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Here we go again!

Maybe we should start by lowering the 25% tariffs on light trucks coming into the country, since that's now been in place for 50+ years.

Also - Germany doesn't have tariffs on US vehicles. Germany doesn't set trade policy since they are part of the EU.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

CtheWOrld ,
If I sold all my German cars I’d be walking. I did notice you are responsible for the new tariffs because you voted POTUS into office. I want to think you for your thoughtful and well thought out vote. I heard your almost done getting your GED congratulations in advance.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually because there's no intelligent rationale for this from the pro-Trump side, these things devolve into "debate by meme." It's not a good sign that it's how this one is starting. lol
Old 06-22-2018, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
CtheWOrld ,
If I sold all my German cars I’d be walking. I did notice you are responsible for the new tariffs because you voted POTUS into office. I want to think you for your thoughtful and well thought out vote. I heard your almost done getting your GED congratulations in advance.

Why would you sell all your German cars? That's stupid. And yes, I voted for the lesser of two evils. It's working out great, so far. I made much more money last year - enough to pay cash for my A5.

As far as understanding the actual issue, it seems you were home-schooled, at best.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
Usually because there's no intelligent rationale for this from the pro-Trump side, these things devolve into "debate by meme." It's not a good sign that it's how this one is starting. lol
Pass me the popcorn, please.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

"...soon broken down..." can wait a little bit; my RS5 got on the boat on June 7th. Should be arriving in Houston by now. No one benefits from trade wars, least of all the consumer...
Old 06-22-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Checklist for political discussions. (Is it really a ‘discussion’?) Notice how this applies to no matter which side or political party the poster takes.

1. Those who disagree with my opinion clearly are of lesser intelligence or simply do not have all the facts that I have. If only they knew what I knew, they will obviously see the light, and agree with me. Therefore, I will post and educate those from the other side.

2. When the above doesn’t work, or just in general, personal attacks or insults must be posted. History has shown that is the best method for getting people to come to your side of the argument. Everyone want to side with those who insult others.

3. Whenever possible, stereotype those from the other side in a negative fashion. It is very important to paint them as a group in a negative light.

4. Use as many statistics as possible, as they can always be manipulated as needed to make your point appear infallible.

5. Always question the source of the opposition’s information.

6. At the end of all the above, exactly zero people will have changed their minds or opinions on the subject.

I will watch Einstein’s definition of insanity play out. In the end, checklist item #6 always wins.

Quick Reply: I was going to buy a RS5 SB but I guess not