Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bluetooth module location

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Bluetooth module location

Hello,

Does anybody know where would the location of the Bluetooth phone module 8T0862335D in a '09 Q5 2.0T? I need mine replaced and I'm looking to do it myself with an used part, but first I'd like to double check that it is indeed part 8T0862335D the one I need.

Thanks in advance...
Old 08-06-2018, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 225 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by uncleiggy
Hello,

Does anybody know where would the location of the Bluetooth phone module 8T0862335D in a '09 Q5 2.0T? I need mine replaced and I'm looking to do it myself with an used part, but first I'd like to double check that it is indeed part 8T0862335D the one I need.

Thanks in advance...
Looks like this could be dangerous to remove/replace, proceed at your own risk................

Looks like you need to rip the complete floor up, involving trim panels, center console, etc. A lot of work!
Maybe just remove the front seat and cut a hole in the carpet above the module to remove/replace.

There have been revisions of E and F to that part number.

Looks like it is located under the seat. Not totally positive but I believe that it is the R36 part.

Last edited by Bob Petruska; 08-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mmm, bummer, I don’t fancy cutting a hole in the carpet but I reckon it might be the best option
Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey Bob, forgot to thank you! It is indeed the module R36 (my scan is showing such reference), and you are right about the revisions E & F (I've seen both on eBay listings). Regarding cutting the carpet, I've been checking the area behind the driver seat (front left seat) and I think that if I'm cautious and tidy cutting the carpet won't affect the aesthetics of the car since it's not visible, I can put it back either using velcro or double side tape.

One thing I'd like to triple check though is the module location, as per the diagrams you posted it is behind the driver seat (front left seat) and not behind the passenger seat (front right seat) as I've seen mentioned in other forums (but with no diagrams/pictures).

Thanks again!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey Bob, forgot to thank you! It is indeed the module R36 (my scan is showing such reference), and you are right about the revisions E & F (I've seen both on eBay listings). Regarding cutting the carpet, I've been checking the area behind the driver seat (front left seat) and I think that if I'm cautious and tidy cutting the carpet won't affect the aesthetics of the car since it's not visible, I can put it back either using velcro or double side tape.

One thing I'd like to triple check though is the module location, as per the diagrams you posted it is behind the driver seat (front left seat) and not behind the passenger seat (front right seat) as I've seen mentioned in other forums (but with no diagrams/pictures).

Thanks again!
Where do you live?

There were no 2009 2.0T Q5's sold in the US, only 3.2L engines. I clicked on the 2009, 2.0T in my ELSAwin service manual and this is what it returned. It could be referencing differently if it is Left or Right Hand drive.
Thus, I'm not positive were the module is actually located
Old 08-07-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I live in Uruguay, South America, mine is an Euro spec Q5.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I live in Uruguay, South America, mine is an Euro spec Q5.
My version of the ELSAwin manual is basically the German (Euro) version, so I would lean towards where it shows the module location in my posted photos is correct for your Euro spec Q5.

But who knows?

Post here when you physically find it..........

Good luck!
Old 09-26-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I’ve addessed a few other higher priority issues now and this one, and a rattling sunroof, are still ticking on me.

I’ve been considering my options and I’m leaning towards an after market Android unit with CarPlay support (either Car Navi Player or RSNAV) now that Waze is fully supported. This will also fulfill my needs of Bluetooth connections (phone and audio streaming)

So, is there any way to code the car to completely disable whatever factory Bluetooth module I’ve got? I’ve got a VCDS cable and will soon get myself a windows laptop so not afraid of coding her. Or do I have to physically remove/replace the faulty unit?

Currently, the faulty Bluetooth module is causing all sort of problems, crappy audio quality, media interface rebooting, etc...

BTW, mine is a Symphony radio, non MMI.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

I’ve addessed a few other higher priority issues now and this one, and a rattling sunroof, are still ticking on me.

I’ve been considering my options and I’m leaning towards an after market Android unit with CarPlay support (either Car Navi Player or RSNAV) now that Waze is fully supported. This will also fulfill my needs of Bluetooth connections (phone and audio streaming)

So, is there any way to code the car to completely disable whatever factory Bluetooth module I’ve got? I’ve got a VCDS cable and will soon get myself a windows laptop so not afraid of coding her. Or do I have to physically remove/replace the faulty unit?

Currently, the faulty Bluetooth module is causing all sort of problems, crappy audio quality, media interface rebooting, etc...

BTW, mine is a Symphony radio, non MMI.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Find its fuse and remove it
Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by apoelistas
Find its fuse and remove it
Good one! I’ll see if the manual has got that information.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth module location