Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Snow handling Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Snow handling Pictures

I'm curious how the A5/S5/RS5 platforms handle the snow! Show us your pictures of your car deep in the snow! (for those of us that don't have to deal with it. ) I remember driving through deep snow in my A6, at times it would be so deep it would fill my wheel wells and plug up my wheels with snow that I would have to clear the snow from them with an old lower half of a fishing pole that didn't mar the finish of the wheels. (If I didn't, the snow would turn to ice, and cause wheel balance issues.

-Tundraman
Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thankfully, no snow here in Portland this winter (so far)!
Old 01-19-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 01-19-2019, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Well, I’ve had the RS5 SB for less than 48 hours and yesterday we got a few inches of snow. Haven’t really tested it but from the limited driving time, can say handles very well.

Have always wanted to grab pics of it driving around around a lot in some fresh snow but wouldn’t know what I’d want more, to drive or take pics? Don’t want someone else to have the pleasure of doing donuts and want the satisfaction of snapping some great pics. The great quandary of this first world problem I guess.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Big snow today in toronto, from the little i've driven, the quattro system is amazing.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
Big snow today in toronto, from the little i've driven, the quattro system is amazing.
Yup. Looks like the storm is moving more North than expected so some winter shenanigans can be had.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

man, would love to, but so scared. hell, even if it looks like rain, I take out my A4 and leave the S5SB at home. Scared of other idiots in the snow/ice running into me.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:36 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by skubeeraw
man, would love to, but so scared. hell, even if it looks like rain, I take out my A4 and leave the S5SB at home. Scared of other idiots in the snow/ice running into me.

My Biggest Fear!!! Get out really, really early (like 4:00 am) before the “Oh look honey, it snowed. I want to try our new snow tires.” crowd is awake!

Last edited by Nikon1; 01-19-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had mine a week, but it's winter, so, yeah, it's been snowing (blizzard going on right now). With the Hakkapalitas it's a beast, no problems, rock solid. Up here you can't get away from driving in winter weather, unless you hibernate for six months. While it's always dicey in bad conditions, in terms of risk from all sorts of things, in general folks up here understand how to do snow, and by now even the laggards have their snow tires on. The Audi is perhaps not _quite_ as solid in snow as my Golf R was, but the Golf was on 17" wheels too, which help.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Admittedly an S4, but hey it's a B9... I bought this car to 1. go ski steep lines in deep snow and 2. viciously enjoy the journey it takes to go find steep lines in deep snow (in this photo's case, driving from the midwest all the way to Crested Butte CO...followed by Telluride, Aspen, Snowbird, Jackson Hole, and many other amazing mountains).

Quick Reply: Snow handling Pictures