TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Some Things That I Don't Like About My TTRS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some Things That I Don't Like About My TTRS

I'm just ranting about some things that irritate me about my 2018 TTRS

- Both doors have a detent groove to stop them from fully opening, but the door stops opening too soon. Neither me or my wife can fit through the "opening" that it gives us. We have to swing the doors fully open to get out and thus need a lot of room for those long doors. Why can't Audi put a second detent between the first one and fully open?

- In the interior, the "transmission" tunnel is extremely wide near the firewall and pushes my leg to the left. I have to constantly rest my leg against the tunnel rather than move it around. I'm stuck.

- No front camera? On a $70,000 car? GM puts a camera standard on a 35K Chevy Bolt.

- No real TPMS? Come on Audi. GM gives us real TPMS right on the dash display in a Chevy Cruz.

That's it for now. But, I'll think of more.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

No memory seats still baffles me and drives me nuts!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USe-car
No front camera? On a $70,000 car? GM puts a camera standard on a 35K Chevy Bolt..
Put that in your signature and you can save yourself some time.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

- Both doors have a detent groove to stop them from fully opening, but the door stops opening too soon. Neither me or my wife can fit through the "opening" that it gives us. We have to swing the doors fully open to get out and thus need a lot of room for those long doors. Why can't Audi put a second detent between the first one and fully open?

- In the interior, the "transmission" tunnel is extremely wide near the firewall and pushes my leg to the left. I have to constantly rest my leg against the tunnel rather than move it around. I'm stuck.

- No front camera? On a $70,000 car? GM puts a camera standard on a 35K Chevy Bolt.

- No real TPMS? Come on Audi. GM gives us real TPMS right on the dash display in a Chevy Cruz.

Sounds like you're a Chevy fan. Why did you buy Audi?
Old 03-11-2019, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

LOL First world problems indeed.

Originally Posted by Sam2
Put that in your signature and you can save yourself some time.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Sounds like you're a Chevy fan. Why did you buy Audi?

Sounds like a Chevy guy to me too.....I'm handicapped....Spinal cord injury but I can get in and out fine.... Let me go out on a limb and say that I think you're a pessimist? Am I close?
Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MCRN
No memory seats still baffles me and drives me nuts!
Ugggg...that’s my #1 complaint on my TTS and future RS. Could be worse...the RS 3 has manual seats. Pull the lever between your legs and scootch forward to adjust the seat. LOL!

2nd (small) complaint: you can’t really hang clothes or a jacket anywhere.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Give the car to someone who will appreciate it... lol As for resting your leg against the transmission tunnel... that's actually a good thing. When you are driving the car hard like it should be driven... you can use that to brace yourself. Go buy an RS5... and spare this forum your nitpicking... lol
Old 03-12-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun101

Ugggg...that’s my #1 complaint on my TTS and future RS. Could be worse...the RS 3 has manual seats. Pull the lever between your legs and scootch forward to adjust the seat. LOL!

2nd (small) complaint: you can’t really hang clothes or a jacket anywhere.
How often do you move your car seats? And I'm pretty sure I saw a hook in the back to hang a hanger.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crester
How often do you move your car seats? And I'm pretty sure I saw a hook in the back to hang a hanger.
Yes, there's a hook but it sits too low so the clothes don't drape. I can hang a tennis skirt but that's about it! LOL

My seat gets moved occasionally when my husband drives the car, when I go to a full service car wash or when the car is serviced. I don't think it's an unfair complaint for a car of this calibre. Don't get me wrong - these are in the small points department....I've ordered another TT for my lease end.

Quick Reply: Some Things That I Don't Like About My TTRS