A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 software fault on Active Cruise control no update available

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 software fault on Active Cruise control no update available

Hi
On my 12 month old A8 is in the dealership as the active cruise control has stopped working.i am being told it is a know software issue on A7 and A6 cars and that Audi have no solution but working on an update, no date given and been known for more than 2 months

Anybody know anything about this?

JS
Old 03-19-2019, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by JdebS
Hi
On my 12 month old A8 is in the dealership as the active cruise control has stopped working.i am being told it is a know software issue on A7 and A6 cars and that Audi have no solution but working on an update, no date given and been known for more than 2 months

Anybody know anything about this?

JS
What are the exact symptoms and behavior of the issue you're seeing? I do know of a fix that was pushed out in Germany, but will refrain from commenting further until you can please share details and if I feel it's applicable I can comment on further.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Active Cruise Fault

Originally Posted by angrypengu
What are the exact symptoms and behavior of the issue you're seeing? I do know of a fix that was pushed out in Germany, but will refrain from commenting further until you can please share details and if I feel it's applicable I can comment on further.
Hi

Basically the fault is the Active Cruise will not turn on, you just get the error message up on the dash I have uploaded a picture of the dash board message
Old 03-21-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi

Basically the fault is the Active Cruise will not turn on, you just get the error message up on the dash I have uploaded a picture of the dash board message
In Germany apparently there is an update to this, so I would double check with your dealer.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
In Germany apparently there is an update to this, so I would double check with your dealer.
The update is 90L1 apparently any idea how I find if the one in Germany is for this?
Below is the email I received today they don't think there is an update

Thank you for your recent email to Andrew Doyle, Director of Audi UK. As a member of his Executive Office, Andrew has asked me to investigate your concerns and contact you directly.

I was naturally concerned to learn of the difficulties you have experienced with the adaptive cruise control on your vehicle. I appreciate that expectations of reliability and build quality are high when customers purchase an Audi and that any failure is therefore disappointing. Whilst we take pride in producing our vehicles, like any vehicle manufacturer, we cannot guarantee that the many components which go into the complex build of an Audi will never fail.

Having spoken to our Audi UK Technical Team they have confirmed that the Factory are currently looking into a software update to rectify the issue with the adaptive cruise control. We are unable to offer any time-scales regarding this at the moment and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have spoken to Claire Hughes, Assistant Service Advisor at Shrewsbury Audi who will be checking the information related to the future field campaign and update for your vehicle, Claire will contact you as soon as there is any further information.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I hope the above will prove helpful to you. In the meantime, if I can be of help with anything else, please contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards

Nicola Brown
Executive Customer Relations Manager
Audi UK
T 0800 699 888
E executive.office@audi.co.uk
Internet: www.audi.co.uk

Old 03-24-2019, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have the TSB now but as per content copyright law I cannot post it in full.

Have your dealer read Technical Service Bulletin 2053776/1

Summary:

Condition
Customer states:
• The adaptive driving assistance is not available or cannot be activated.
Workshop findings:
One of the following DTCs may be stored in the adaptive cruise control, J1122 (address word 00CD):
• DTC C12EBF1 (laser for adaptive cruise control, malfunction) with symptom code 12582934/11567120.
Or
• DTC B200042 (control unit faulty) with symptom code 12582935.
Or
• DTC B200047 (control unit faulty) with symptom code 11567121.
Technical Background
The software needs to be updated to correct the adaptive driving assistance activation issue.
Production Solution
Not applicable.
Service
To correct DTC C12EBF1 with symptom code 12582934/11567120:
1. Delete the DTC "C12EBF1 laser for adaptive cruise control malfunction". A replacement of the control
module for the adaptive cruise control does not fix the problem.
The replacement of the laser scanner is not effective, even if suggested by the Guided Fault Finding. Parts
replacement does not solve this issue. Claims for replaced parts will be subject to review.
To correct DTC B200042 with symptom code 12582935 or B200047 with symptom code 11567121:
1. Complete the DTC test plan with the Guided Fault Finding. After the completing the relevant test plan the
DTC will be deleted without parts replacement.
2. If the laser for the adaptive cruise control has a software version below SW0202, then update the laser for
adaptive cruise control, J1122 (address word 00CD) with SVM to SW0202. Enter the SVM code in operation
mode "update” on the ODIS tester. Follow the instructions on the ODIS tester.
SVM Update Instructions
1. Follow all instructions in TSB 2011732: 00 Software Version Management (SVM), operating instructions.
2. Update the adaptive cruise control, J1122 (address word 00CD) using the SVM action code as listed in the
table below, if necessary:
Old 03-24-2019, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you I will pass this on and let you know how I get on
Old 03-28-2019, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi
Just to keep you updated this is the response from my dealer

Thank you for your email.
We are currently looking into this with our technical team as the Technical service bulletin number you have provided does not appear to be coming up on our system
We will be in touch as soon as we have their response to this was on the 26/3/19 still no response

I am not sure if you have anymore information about the bullitin that might guide my dealer to find it?

Old 03-28-2019, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi
Just to keep you updated this is the response from my dealer

Thank you for your email.
We are currently looking into this with our technical team as the Technical service bulletin number you have provided does not appear to be coming up on our system
We will be in touch as soon as we have their response to this was on the 26/3/19 still no response

I am not sure if you have anymore information about the bullitin that might guide my dealer to find it?
I will PM you the document. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you I have forwarded the information to my dealer and the Audi executive office to see if they can help locate the TSB

Thanks again for you help

Quick Reply: A8 software fault on Active Cruise control no update available