Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Finally got my 2019 RS3 few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally got my 2019 RS3 few questions

Finally got my RS3 last Saturday and so far love the ride compared to my M3. Still trying to get used to the car it's a lot different than a BMW in terms of functionality on the MMI and other controls. Two issues/questions I have are 1) is there a way to set the follow distance on the ACC for when you're coming to a stop as it seems like mine does not always see the car in front of me then slams on the brakes, 2) Has anyone had issues getting the Audi Connect app to fully connect, It shows connected to the car but doesn't show me as the owner Audi is saying there is a outage but this has been since last weekend it hasn't worked. Other than that I am ready for the PPF, Tint, and Ceramic Pro to be applied so I can enjoy it with out worry and get my breakin over with. Anyone

else find it odd that we don't need to change the oil after breakin on such a high performance engine my M3 had all its oil flushed after breakin.
The following users liked this post:
Wilddwightman (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:19 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

OP,

Just want to Congratulate you on taking delivery of your Beautiful Blue RS3.

The Blue is very Striking looking !!!

Terry
Old 06-20-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Grats, great choice on the color and trim.

Huge difference between RS3 and the M3/4 cars, I agree, I had an M4 a couple cars before the RS3. Drove it on street, tracked it, etc. Liked it but never loved it. Still getting a feel for my RS3 but I've enjoyed the first 1k miles so far.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the RS3!
Old 06-20-2019, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by a4 4snow
else find it odd that we don't need to change the oil after breakin on such a high performance engine my M3 had all its oil flushed after breakin.
I don't find that odd. I think the whole break in thing is a little overblown anyway, but if anything I would think that's the time during which the oil is going to be least "changed" from its form and chemical structure out of the bottle. Reason being, you're babying it and you're not getting the engine as hot as you will be later (and then abruptly shutting the engine down as so many of us do without a "cool down lap").
Just my opinion, man, I'm not an engineer or anything.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PaperLion
I don't find that odd. I think the whole break in thing is a little overblown anyway, but if anything I would think that's the time during which the oil is going to be least "changed" from its form and chemical structure out of the bottle. Reason being, you're babying it and you're not getting the engine as hot as you will be later (and then abruptly shutting the engine down as so many of us do without a "cool down lap").
The idea is that a quick initial oil change gets any of the residual bits leftover from any machining processes. A lot of people have an oil change soon after delivery or at 1K miles.

I did a change at 1K and had them replace the drain plug with a magnetic "gold plug" as well. Wort it for the peace of mind IMO.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!

I personally hate how the ACC forces you to essentially tailgate the guy in front of you when stopped, no matter the distance setting. I don't think you can adjust this.

What I do is stop early myself, then hit resume on my ACC and let go of the brakes. The car holds there on its own as if it stopped on its own.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an S3 - the manual provides recommendations for engine break-in for the first 1K miles, which I followed. I then changed the oil at 2K mi, which I paid for, as it is not included in AudiCare. I had a local independent Porsche-Audi shop change it. I look at it as cheap insurance.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PaperLion
As OP have said (and I am a former Mechanical engineer) it's really to get rid of any residuals from manufacturing. Even though we have gotten more and more precise on making parts there is still assembly lube, little shavings that are not cleaned off during machining, etc. that float around and 10k to wait to clean things out seems long to me. Also don't get me started on breakin procedures there is more flavors on that idea than anyone wants to hear. I prefer the gradual increase in acceleration over the 500 miles but no flooring it till after 500 miles. 1000 miles just seems long to me but that probably more for other driveline components that need more heat cycles.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
OP,

Just want to Congratulate you on taking delivery of your Beautiful Blue RS3.

The Blue is very Striking looking !!!

Terry
Thanks, and cant wait to see it once its tinted and ceramic coated

Quick Reply: Finally got my 2019 RS3 few questions