Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Questions on RS3 pricing - thoughts welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions on RS3 pricing - thoughts welcomed

Hello!

Huge fan of the RS3 for obvious reasons. I am coming from a 2018 WRX heavily modified, @ 400awph. I love this car, but its a lease and I obviously can't give it back like this, so I'm looking to trade it. I am likely going to buy the RS3, but am not in a rush. I was looking for used, however, the dynamic package differences in 2019 make me lean towards just getting a new one so that I can take advantage of having the upgrades without having the very stiff sport suspension that is now optional. It's the end of the month, and I've negotiated the fully loaded RS3 with all options (dynamic, technology, driver assist, black optics, red stitching, carbon, door/sill paint protection, and all weather mats for $60,457. Seems like a good deal. What are your experiences? Does this seem like a good deal? Does to me but wanted your thoughts. Thank you for your time.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm assuming you went with a "free" color which puts you around 9% off with all available incentives. This is a screaming good deal for in-stock inventory. Welcome to Audi...you won't miss your Subaru one bit.
The following users liked this post:
Billy Ryan (06-26-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nardo Grey, which just so happens to be my favorite color Thank you!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does sound like a solid deal for the just the car. I assume you negotiated a good trade-in amount for your WRX? I'm always skeptical of quoted prices before everything is finalized. I've had a couple dealers try to pull fast ones right before signing paperwork saying all of a sudden a trade-in is worth less or someone made an "honest" mistake when putting together pricing. In all fairness, the Audi dealers I've worked with were eager to take a Subaru for a trade and offer a good price. I wonder if they do that knowing someone who upgrades to an Audi will never go back to a Subaru and there's a good chance of sales in the future.

I'm also curious to hear what you did to get 400whp out of a WRX. I've got a 2018 STi and decided not to mod it (excluding suspension) considering the parts list to hit to numbers like you got with any reliability.
Billy Ryan (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Economatic
That does sound like a solid deal for the just the car. I assume you negotiated a good trade-in amount for your WRX? I'm always skeptical of quoted prices before everything is finalized. I've had a couple dealers try to pull fast ones right before signing paperwork saying all of a sudden a trade-in is worth less or someone made an "honest" mistake when putting together pricing. In all fairness, the Audi dealers I've worked with were eager to take a Subaru for a trade and offer a good price. I wonder if they do that knowing someone who upgrades to an Audi will never go back to a Subaru and there's a good chance of sales in the future.

I'm also curious to hear what you did to get 400whp out of a WRX. I've got a 2018 STi and decided not to mod it (excluding suspension) considering the parts list to hit to numbers like you got with any reliability.
Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I am working on the trade in value now, and will report back. I will not take anything less than FMV. So, regarding your STi. Unfortunately, you cannot make 400hp reliably in a STi, but you can in a WRX. The only way you can crack 350hp in an STi is by building your motor. The FA20 can breach 400 hp reliably on stock internals. The EJ25 cannot. The new FA25 will be a monster, that is coming next year and will likely be able to crack 450-500 on stock internals. My car reached 400hp with the following:

stock motor
TGV and EGR deletes
Upgraded intercooler (TMIC Grimmspeed)
Upgraded charge pipe (perrin)
Cobb catted downpipe + exhaust
Electronic boost controller
Bypass valve
Cobb CAI
Cobb Flex fuel kit tuned @ E70 <- this is where most of the power came from
Pro tune
Cobb accessport
Old 06-26-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Economatic

To properly build an STi, you are looking at a much higher output potential. The FA20 has limitations due to its Direct Injection motor. The new STi will also suffer from this until a fuel solution is made for DI. Once you build your engine, you will put another 15-20k into but, but you can hit 600-1000hp with that engine, but you are going to pay a boatload of money to get there. The FA20 got me there for 10k, but the transmission can't handle much more than that. Even building the engine in an FA20 its really hard to break even 500 due to fuel starvation and the transmission.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

problem now is they are on stop sale as of this morning as the result of a PODS recall
Billy Ryan (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
problem now is they are on stop sale as of this morning as the result of a PODS recall
What is on a stop sale? I was just in a dealership and they were still trying to sell me an RS3. What does this mean
Old 06-26-2019, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

A3, S3 and RS3. Was announced this morning

affects all variants 2015-present

Last edited by SCarGuy; 06-26-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Billy Ryan (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh hell. They must not have known at my dealership because she definitely was trying to sell me one. She was about 5k too high though. I planned to drive to another city for the deal I posted above. That sucks. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Questions on RS3 pricing - thoughts welcomed