Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi logo puddle lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audi logo puddle lights

Just saw that for the Audi logo lights or Quattro lights they cannot be used with Bang and Olufsen 3D advanced sound system is equipped? Anyone know why? As I do have the band and olufsens on my sq5

“Please note: For model year 2019 and newer A6 and A7 vehicles, Audi Beam is not to be used in the rear doors when Bang and Olufsen 3D Advanced Sound System is equipped. Consult your dealer before purchasing.”
Old 07-20-2019, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Following this one.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 392 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607
Just saw that for the Audi logo lights or Quattro lights they cannot be used with Bang and Olufsen 3D advanced sound system is equipped? Anyone know why? As I do have the band and olufsens on my sq5

“Please note: For model year 2019 and newer A6 and A7 vehicles, Audi Beam is not to be used in the rear doors when Bang and Olufsen 3D Advanced Sound System is equipped. Consult your dealer before purchasing.”
Heat from the bulbs impacting the speakers? Just a guess. It seems that it's got to be heat or electrical as room can't be an issue.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Not true, I've been using them in my rear doors for almost 10k miles now. They just don't come equipped with them stock, only the fronts if you got the Audi Beam option. There's nearly no difference in the light enclosure itself, i.e. voltage, except for the lens that projects the beam.
The following users liked this post:
dobslob (11-25-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 392 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by turbophreak
Not true, I've been using them in my rear doors for almost 10k miles now. They just don't come equipped with them stock, only the fronts if you got the Audi Beam option. There's nearly no difference in the light enclosure itself, i.e. voltage, except for the lens that projects the beam.
Good point and makes sense that only the lens is different. Guess we'll have to "consult your dealer." Maybe SCarGuy can tell us why.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Perhaps those in the A6 and A7 boards can shed light on this?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Slices_of_time
Perhaps those in the A6 and A7 boards can shed light on this?
Great pun!
The following users liked this post:
Slices_of_time (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just installed an OEM set of beam rings on my wifes 18 Q5 with B&O and knock on wood, so far no problems.

But I've always wondered why her SUV didn't come with it (it was fully loaded P+) and maybe I shouldn't have installed them, I did a quick search (Online) at a local Audi dealer for Q5s with premium audio. To my relief, I'd say more than half of those had the beam rings installed.

Where did you find that you can't have both?

Thanks
Ken 17 A4 P+ Quattro
Old 07-21-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hipendicular
I just installed an OEM set of beam rings on my wifes 18 Q5 with B&O and knock on wood, so far no problems.

But I've always wondered why her SUV didn't come with it (it was fully loaded P+) and maybe I shouldn't have installed them, I did a quick search (Online) at a local Audi dealer for Q5s with premium audio. To my relief, I'd say more than half of those had the beam rings installed.

Where did you find that you can't have both?

Thanks
Ken 17 A4 P+ Quattro
I found it on the Audi USA site. You will find that there are two different part numbers it’s in the description
Old 07-21-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607

I think what that site is saying is that the only 2 cars it is referencing are the A6 & A7. Just below that sentence in the description, it says that it is ok for use in the Q5 - both 2018 and 19.
We can all breathe easier now, because at least for the cars on our forum, we will not have speakers that mal function, lights that melt the doors and all the electronics inside, signals sent to outer space vehicles intending to invade our planet at some point in the future, ........or, well, you get the idea........
Keep puttin' them thar pretty lites in..................as I have......LOL

Quick Reply: Audi logo puddle lights