Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Charges for changes after Exclusive charge

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Charges for changes after Exclusive charge

If I give in and order my next S5 sportback in Java green (+3900 for exclusive), with black optic, I want to get black badges on the sides and back, black exhaust tips, black spoiler, bright green stitching and maybe wood trim. Does anybody have an idea how heinous the charges are after you pay the initial Exclusive fee for the paint color?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by folgen nie
If I give in and order my next S5 sportback in Java green (+3900 for exclusive), with black optic, I want to get black badges on the sides and back, black exhaust tips, black spoiler, bright green stitching and maybe wood trim. Does anybody have an idea how heinous the charges are after you pay the initial Exclusive fee for the paint color?
Should be all included in that up-charge, if you’re only talking about paint.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:42 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

I thought Audi Exclusive was limited to just paint in the US now? (At least for non R cars.)
Meaning you can get the $3900 Java green, but that's it. All other options are only what is available on standard cars.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they dropped most of the exclusive stuff in the US after dieselgate.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you even get black exhaust tips on a S5 from the factory?
Old 07-21-2019, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Doesn't look like you can order the S5 currently with gloss black badges or rings though you can order the gloss black rings separately and install them after you take delivery. I'm not sure about the gloss black S5 side wings or badges but if they exist you can also order those and install them after delivery too. I basically did this with my RS5 which came with silver rings and badges. I replaced them all with gloss black except for the front rings since I personally don't like the all black look on the grill.

Here is a quick break down of the exclusive options you have with an S5 build that I've found online.

Exclusive color as you already noted is: $3,900

If you plan on doing an exclusive interior there is a base fee of: $1,200

Partial tailored upholstery using exclusive leather and stitching colors (leather seats, door inserts and armrest): $3,900
Extended tailored upholstery requires the above and adds the center console trim and door armrests: $1,250

Exclusive controls (steering wheel, gear shift and boot): $1,000
Controls with black Alcantara requires the above and adds Alcantara to the left and right side of the steering wheel as well as the gear shift ****: $200

Exclusive floor mats: $500

Exclusive wood inlays: $1,300

Doesn't look like there is an exclusive options to get you the black spoiler or exhaust tips but spoiler wise I'd think the one from the RS5 would fit if you order it separately.
The following 2 users liked this post by heymoe:
CtheW0rld (07-22-2019), Nikon1 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 03:12 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

As usual, @heymoe , you have the “US-based” inside story, much like @Glisse and @superswiss have the overall Audi knowledge covered!

It’s what makes this board as useful as it is, both to new and long time members.

— John
The following users liked this post:
heymoe (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Love the color!

Old 07-22-2019, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Although it wouldn't have exclusive colors, for the cost of those options, I would rather step up to the RS5.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Thanks, that is exactly what I was wondering

Originally Posted by heymoe
Doesn't look like you can order the S5 currently with gloss black badges or rings though you can order the gloss black rings separately and install them after you take delivery. I'm not sure about the gloss black S5 side wings or badges but if they exist you can also order those and install them after delivery too. I basically did this with my RS5 which came with silver rings and badges. I replaced them all with gloss black except for the front rings since I personally don't like the all black look on the grill.

Here is a quick break down of the exclusive options you have with an S5 build that I've found online.

Exclusive color as you already noted is: $3,900

If you plan on doing an exclusive interior there is a base fee of: $1,200

Partial tailored upholstery using exclusive leather and stitching colors (leather seats, door inserts and armrest): $3,900
Extended tailored upholstery requires the above and adds the center console trim and door armrests: $1,250

Exclusive controls (steering wheel, gear shift and boot): $1,000
Controls with black Alcantara requires the above and adds Alcantara to the left and right side of the steering wheel as well as the gear shift ****: $200

Exclusive floor mats: $500

Exclusive wood inlays: $1,300

Doesn't look like there is an exclusive options to get you the black spoiler or exhaust tips but spoiler wise I'd think the one from the RS5 would fit if you order it separately.
I guess I will get the Java green and get the black badges and tips separately. Spoiler probably wrap. It's interesting that the A5 sportback at the dealer w/ black optic came w/ a black spoiler and an equivalent S5 didn't. I totally agree that the rings need to stay polished on the black grill.

Last edited by folgen nie; 07-22-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I guess I will get the Java green and get the black badges and tips separately. Spoiler probably wrap. It's interesting that the A5 sportback at the dealer w/ black optic came w/ a black spoiler and an equivalent S5 didn't. I totally agree that the rings need to stay polished on the black grill.
Yeah, the interior exclusive options were not available when I placed my order but even if they were doubt I would have did any of them also. The standard black with red stitching worked out perfectly for my build.

Here is the part number for the gloss black rear rings for the Sportback is: 8W8853742A T94

I'm not sure about the gloss black S5 badges or if Audi even makes them officially.

I did get the gloss black RS5 badges for the front and rear but decided to go badgeless. The gloss black side wings do say RS5 but it's all black on black so hard to make it out. I think I might tint the front rings to make them darker but not black.

Quick Reply: Charges for changes after Exclusive charge