A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch

What's the best option for the new Allroad. The Dealer implied it was something easily installed later, but now is acting like they can't do anything to help with one.
When looking at the Stealth hitch it involves removing the rear bumper and cutting the heat shield.

There is a mode in the air suspension menus that refers to "trailering".

Certainly, Audi must make a hitch in Europe that can be fitted to the new Allroad.
With a brand new car, I really don't want to deal with messing with the rear bumper sensors and the rear hatch control.
MDI
Old 01-30-2021, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't and regret not waiting out the Stealth Hitch on my B9. It's already available on the C8 and I can't see a better option realistically being developed. I'm definitely getting one installed as soon as I have PPF done.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mdivasc
What's the best option for the new Allroad. The Dealer implied it was something easily installed later, but now is acting like they can't do anything to help with one.
When looking at the Stealth hitch it involves removing the rear bumper and cutting the heat shield.

There is a mode in the air suspension menus that refers to "trailering".

Certainly, Audi must make a hitch in Europe that can be fitted to the new Allroad.
With a brand new car, I really don't want to deal with messing with the rear bumper sensors and the rear hatch control.
MDI
I researched the trailer hitch situation extensively and could not find a better option than the Stealth Hitch. The Euro hitch system is quite different than on our side of the pond and can’t be retrofitted as I understand. The dealer should be able to install the Stealth Hitch for you or Stealth has a list of recommended installers.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Allroad hitch

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
I researched the trailer hitch situation extensively and could not find a better option than the Stealth Hitch. The Euro hitch system is quite different than on our side of the pond and can’t be retrofitted as I understand. The dealer should be able to install the Stealth Hitch for you or Stealth has a list of recommended installers.
dealer now says sorry can’t help you at all that hitch is not an Audi part. We can’t install it.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mdivasc
dealer now says sorry can’t help you at all that hitch is not an Audi part. We can’t install it.

Typical sales department... Man that pisses me off. They will say anything to take your money.

Are you looking to tow something or just want it for racks? I had the rack version on my B9. I know every setup is completely different but I would ask whoever you have install to angle it up as much as possie, if possible. My 4bike Yakima rack would scrape fairly often when my B9 was on 034 springs. Factory height, no issue. Man... I can't wait for Air!

Old 02-06-2021, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If it makes you feel any better I got the EcoHitch and real high curbs (or driveways) still scraped the the **** our of our Thule on our B9.
The following users liked this post:
Turboale (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 05:05 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 359 Likes on 233 Posts

We put a Stealth Hitch on our B8.5 allroad last summer for our move from Seattle to San Diego. Works great. However, it did involve cutting the aluminum under bumper plate.

There is a one for the '21 A6 allroad. Instructions indicate the fascia will need to be cut.
Turboale (02-08-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mdivasc.
I found your post while researching tow hitches for a6 allroads. I'm curious what you decided to do in the end. Did you get the Stealth Hitch? Did it work out?
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2021, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tbrooke
Hi mdivasc.
I found your post while researching tow hitches for a6 allroads. I'm curious what you decided to do in the end. Did you get the Stealth Hitch? Did it work out?
Thanks!
I never got a hitch because I didn’t want the Audi dealer to blame the installer if there were issues with sensors etc. and not cover issues if they arose under warranty.
Instead, I just made the dealer write into the bill of sale that I could borrow a Q5 or q7 with a trailer hitch anytime I needed to tow or move my sons dirt bike with the hitch carrier. Just returned the Q5 I borrowed today.
now this is a pretty big dealership as they have about 200 service loaner cars.
tbrooke (05-01-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Stealth hitch installed on my 21 Allroad by an independent service facility. The dealer wanted a fortune to do it.. T install only took 2 hours labor and was easy. The cutting needed is minor and the instructions are excellent. It is a quality product and fits perfectly and can’t be seen when not in use. The factory cross member is removed and replaced with the hitch.

I did have a bit of trouble finding someone to do the work. Two hitch places would not do it almost as there was a war between them and Stealth. Audi should offer a solution but doesn’t so Stealth seem to e the only solution. I currently only use mine for bikes so didn’t need the tow bar option but you can get it later.
tbrooke (05-01-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch