Alternative Serice to Audi Dealerships in MA

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Alternative Serice to Audi Dealerships in MA

Live in the Greater Boston Area and I'm done with Audi Dealers. Ant recommendations for alternative service stations and your opinions of going to thwm instead of the dealers. Not just for route stuff but for everything. I'm told not to be concerned with those repairs that need to be hooked into Audi's computer. One guy says they have the same access. Appreciate your thoughts. I have a 2017 Q7.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Alternatives to Audi Dealerships for Service

Trying to find your feedback on service companies other than the Aidi dealerships. Such a price ripoff. I'm in the greater Boston, MA area. Are these shops at a disadvantage because of the need for computers or do they have the same capabilities? Looking for a specialty shop for Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
fju2112 (03-29-2024)
Old 10-22-2022, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GBMILTON
Trying to find your feedback on service companies other than the Aidi dealerships. Such a price ripoff. I'm in the greater Boston, MA area. Are these shops at a disadvantage because of the need for computers or do they have the same capabilities? Looking for a specialty shop for Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks

How about you bought a revered brand with expectations for longevity and near perfect driving experience that is reliable for years to come? Then when the time comes to sell it, you'll expect top dollar because it's an Audi.

Now, you want to go outside of what those engineers are recommending for safe and reliable maintenance in order to save a few dollars? Maybe those shops don't have the latest updates or can save you 20% by buying aftermarket parts. Then you go out on the road and expect that car to be an Audi experience.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment and a lower valued vehicle.

These cars are highly engineered and perform great when you follow the maintenance schedule. If there's an issue then Audi covers it & if there's a problem after service, Audi dealers are held to a high standard to make things right. Then when you go to sell it, the dealership can pull the maintenance records and you're more likely to get a higher value for it.

Please do not bad mouth the brand when there are issues, or you get less for trade in and don't say it's a piece of junk when it breaks down.

I don't see a ripoff, I see the brand doing everything they can to be reliable.
The following users liked this post:
BigBoy11 (10-25-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your reply. I am not necessarily bad mouthing the car but would not hesitate to kick the crap out of the dealerships. Prices they charge, IMO, are predatory.
And yes, had to do over again ,wouldn't purchase at this price point . I blame myself.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

FWIW my Audi dealership recently quoted me $1800, before tax, to do the 6 year service on my S5. I had it done for $1250 OTD at a local independent.

Too bad I couldn't have purchased the 60K/70K AudiCare for $1099, but my S5 mileage is too low so couldn't purchase.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for your reply. I am not necessarily bad mouthing the car but would not hesitate to kick the crap out of the dealerships. Prices they charge, IMO, are predatory.
And yes, had to do over again ,wouldn't purchase at this price point . I blame myself.

WOW, you're honest and that's cool. Wasn't trying to judge but too many want to "look the part" but not subscribe to the upkeep.

Are there more than 1 dealerships in Boston area? I have to drive 45 minutes to mine & they give me a loaner car to use until I get back. (Super cool when they let me use an e-tron.)

If yes, then call and get prices & make them compete for your business by telling the other dealership is cheaper.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh yea there are at least 3 within 25 minutes. I've used 2 and one is as bad as the other. There are many independents in the area Just trying to determine the best one. I only have 25,000 on my 201Q7 placed into service in Oct. of 2016. Yes I'm not a status seeker. That stuff means zero to me. I could have a Lamb or Mazz. but I come from these things at fairness and value. I'd pay premium if I thought it was fair and equitable. It's not IMO
Old 10-22-2022, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 893 Likes on 731 Posts

You may want to post this question on the New England board.
The following 2 users liked this post by KevinGary:
-Wes- (10-22-2022), uberwgn (10-26-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 732 Likes on 606 Posts

Live in the Greater Boston Area and I'm done with Audi Dealers. Ant recommendations for alternative service stations and your opinions of going to thwm instead of the dealers. Not just for route stuff but for everything. I'm told not to be concerned with those repairs that need to be hooked into Audi's computer. One guy says they have the same access. Appreciate your thoughts. I have a 2017 Q7.
Only suckers and overpaid/independently wealthy individuals take their cars to an Audi dealer once it's out of warranty. If you like to DIY, or want to learn, all the basics are pretty simple. You will need a Ross-Tech scan tool if you want to work on this car or properly diagnose and resolve issues, etc. If not, prepare to pay an indie mechanic shop a still incredibly high labor rate to perform basic services on your car.

As you do have a 2017, 4M chassis, gen 2/MKII Q7, you should select that particular forum as they have the same car you do. This one is for the 4L chassis, first generation Q7s, which ended production with the 2015 model year. It's a different beast altogether.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7
Are there more than 1 dealerships in Boston area? I have to drive 45 minutes to mine & they give me a loaner car to use until I get back.
LOL there are 9 within 35 miles of me.

Quick Reply: Alternative Serice to Audi Dealerships in MA