Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Buzzing noise when HVAC is on

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing noise when HVAC is on

Hello, I've just joined and am posting for the first time. I apologize if there's already an existing thread related to this issue.

Has anyone experienced a squeaking, buzzing noise coming from inside the dash when the climate control is turned on? I've attached a video of the noise. If anyone has experienced this, could you share your experience? This issue is driving me crazy.
About a month ago, I bought a used 2021 Q7 with around 25K miles. A few days later, I noticed this continuous noise, so I took it to the nearby Audi dealership for repairs. They said the HVAC motor needed to be replaced, and I thought that would solve the problem.
However, a week after getting it back, the noise was still there. When I asked the service advisor, he suddenly changed his tune, saying that it's just part of the Q7's design and that mechanical noises can't be eliminated. I think that doesn't make sense, so I plan to visit another dealership tomorrow.

I would appreciate any advice or experiences you might have.
Attached Files
File Type: avi
IMG_5830.avi (4.79 MB, 13 views)
Old 04-12-2024, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I have no knowledge on this issue, I doubt this is just a normal part of having the HVAC on in a Q7. I would visit another dealer (like what you're planning on doing) and seeing what they say. Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
patrivocax (04-12-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patrivocax
Hello, I've just joined and am posting for the first time. I apologize if there's already an existing thread related to this issue.

Has anyone experienced a squeaking, buzzing noise coming from inside the dash when the climate control is turned on? I've attached a video of the noise. If anyone has experienced this, could you share your experience? This issue is driving me crazy.
About a month ago, I bought a used 2021 Q7 with around 25K miles. A few days later, I noticed this continuous noise, so I took it to the nearby Audi dealership for repairs. They said the HVAC motor needed to be replaced with Pikashow, and I thought that would solve the problem.
However, a week after getting it back, the noise was still there. When I asked the service advisor, he suddenly changed his tune, saying that it's just part of the Q7's design and that mechanical noises can't be eliminated. I think that doesn't make sense, so I plan to visit another dealership tomorrow.

I would appreciate any advice or experiences you might have.
Hey everyone! My car has been making a strange buzzing noise when I get in the car or sometimes when I'm driving. It's done it since I got it but now that the warranty is about to run out I figured it's time I get it fixed. Anyone know what it could be??
Old 05-04-2024, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Does it sound like it’s coming from the top of the dash? I just noticed a similar noise when the upper dash vents are on