A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Weathertech mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Weathertech mats

I remember a thread discussing all weather mats for the B9.5; but, I couldn't find it with the search function. I have the Audi rubber mats for my 2021 allroad and they are sort of OK. Work well for wet weather in the summer. Not perfect in the winter. While cleaning the interior this spring I noticed that a lot of sane and other stuff had slopped off the back of the mat with the result that the exposed carpet just under the front of the seat had become really cruddy and took a lot of cleaning. I remember that some forum members had waxed ecstatic about the Weathertech floor liners so I decided to take a look at them as an option. What I found looks like it has really good protection up front; but, the ridge at the back edge does not look like it is spectacularly deep, so not any better than the Audi mats at preventing stuff from coming off the back of the mat.

For those that have these mats, is the back edge deeper than it looks in the Weathertech photos? To me it looks like the rear edge is 1/4" or less deep which puts it in about the same league as the Audi mat.

Old 04-27-2024, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I use tuxmat in my car and I like them way better than weathertech which I have used in the past on other cars. They are not perfect as some crap from winter has been able to behind the mat but they
are way better looking than the weather tech and way more functional than the Audi mats.

https://www.tuxmat.ca
The following users liked this post:
Aqualung (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by desmo101
I use tuxmat in my car and I like them way better than weathertech which I have used in the past on other cars. They are not perfect as some crap from winter has been able to behind the mat but they
are way better looking than the weather tech and way more functional than the Audi mats.

https://www.tuxmat.ca
Another Tuxmat over Weathertech fan here. I have used in several different (Mazda CX-5, Mazda Miata, GTI) cars and am happy.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Weathertech user here (front/rear/cargo). The rear lip is about 1.25”. I’ve had no issues with liquids or solids running out the back. They hold up super well, but my only complaint is they are a hard-ish plastic and if you’re wearing hard soled shoes your heal can slide when wet. 9/10 would recommend.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

The Weathertech mat definitely looks like it has a higher lip than the Audi mats. The Tuxmats are interesting because it looks like they have something that extends from the back of the mat up and over the carpet under the front of the seat to cover it.

On the up side the Tuxmats are about $25 less than Weathertech for a front set. On the down side you can't currently order them. You submit an email request and I assume they notify you if and when they become available.

What to do!