I think i will hate my color choice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy I think i will hate my color choice...

Currently stationed in Germany and ordered a US Spec 2024 Audi S5 from MAS. I picked Navarra Blue as the color after googling and searching online about the color. After placing the order, i drove to a local German dealer that had a few navarra blue RS3's in stock and i noticed the stupid color is super purple on that cloudy day. It was NOT blue. I attempted to switch for a custom color of Ascari Blue that they offer on EU spec S5's but they told me it was too late to modify since the car goes into production tomorrow (29 April).

Guys... please tell me this car isnt as purple as I think it is. At this point, I am willing to give up some of my deposit because of.... PURPLE!!
Old 04-28-2024, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 890 Likes on 729 Posts

Navarra Blue is a polarizing color. Personally, i see it the way you see it. Sorry.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Navarra Blue. Yes, it has some purple-ish undertones, but a lot of darker blues do as well. It's really a great color that pops though.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. That color of Blue will look different on the RS5 .. Worst case scenario if you just can't get past the color is you get it wrapped.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,915 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Yes, Navarra has a noticeable violet (purple is violet+red) under certain lighting and/or angles. https://imgur.com/a/iaf7l61/ Notice along the front bumper lip of the top pic, while the rest comes across blue. So a lot of what you'll see will depend on how you're looking at the car. The RS3 body may convey that differently than the S5 body. Another mentioned a lot of how the Navarra looks will depend on the accompanying trim, is it the chrome or the black out, etc.

But yeah, I'd have taken Ascari over Navarra every day of the year. Or if they'd just bring back Midnight.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
Another mentioned a lot of how the Navarra looks will depend on the accompanying trim, is it the chrome or the black out, etc.

But yeah, I'd have taken Ascari over Navarra every day of the year. Or if they'd just bring back Midnight.
I have the blackout kit. I told the sales guy if its purple upon delivery, i will back out and do a new order for a 2025. BUT now the wife is saying she will take it.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will love tbe color. I have S5 NB, and never once thought it looked purple. I've also blacked out all Chrome/silver. It will grow on you I'm sure.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe go see one in person if you can and see how you feel about it? Personally I think it's a good looking color. Anything beats the sea of black, white, and silver cars out there TBH. If you really don't like it, consider getting that new colored PPF stuff. It last longer then a wrap and you can change the color.
The following users liked this post:
compprep (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 12:41 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Volvo_Expert
Currently stationed in Germany...
Are you in the Stuttgart area? There is the Audi Zentrum right near the MAS off Patch - they may have some cars of that color.

(yeah - NB looks purple to me also. But I love plain white Audis)

Old 04-29-2024, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Are you in the Stuttgart area? There is the Audi Zentrum right near the MAS off Patch - they may have some cars of that color.

(yeah - NB looks purple to me also. But I love plain white Audis)
I live in Regensburg and already visited a very large Audi dealership between me and Graf. I saw half a dozen NB RS3's and a few A7 wagons. Stupid amounts of purple on a cloudy day.
The following users liked this post:
N8! (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: I think i will hate my color choice...