Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Low Dusting EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads Back Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Low Dusting EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads Back Order

Hey all I am organizing a back order for for a set of EBC red stuff brake pads for RS6,7 and RSQ8 owners. For those unaware EBC red stuff pads are advertised as low dusting alternatives to OEM pads and have been used in many applications. One thing to note, EBC lists these pads as only compatible with RS6 and 7 not RSQ8. However their blue and yellow stuff pads use the same part numbers as the RSQ8, plus Audi uses the exact same part number for the RSQ8 and RS6/7 pads. I have already placed a back order for these but am fairly confident they will work with the RSQ8 but I cannot provide any guarantees till I try myself. The pads run about $221 for the rears and $225 for the fronts but prices may vary when ordering.

To place the back order call Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030 and let them know you want to place a back order for the EBC-DP32492C (front pads) and the EBC-DP32516C (rear pads), the rep will then grab some payment info, address etc and you should be good! You should be charged once the order is shipped.

Once we get a few back orders in, EBC will begin production for the pads since there will be a demand. I have quite a few RS6 owners ordering so the more the merrier.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop1127 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Hey all I am organizing a back order for for a set of EBC red stuff brake pads for RS6,7 and RSQ8 owners. For those unaware EBC red stuff pads are advertised as low dusting alternatives to OEM pads and have been used in many applications. One thing to note, EBC lists these pads as only compatible with RS6 and 7 not RSQ8. However their blue and yellow stuff pads use the same part numbers as the RSQ8, plus Audi uses the exact same part number for the RSQ8 and RS6/7 pads. I have already placed a back order for these but am fairly confident they will work with the RSQ8 but I cannot provide any guarantees till I try myself. The pads run about $221 for the rears and $225 for the fronts but prices may vary when ordering.

To place the back order call Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030 and let them know you want to place a back order for the EBC-DP32492C (front pads) and the EBC-DP32516C (rear pads), the rep will then grab some payment info, address etc and you should be good! You should be charged once the order is shipped.

Once we get a few back orders in, EBC will begin production for the pads since there will be a demand. I have quite a few RS6 owners ordering so the more the merrier.
Did they provide a timeline at all for completing the orders?

Are there any current options other than OEM you are aware of?

Thanks!

Lance
Old 05-09-2024, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 137 Likes on 93 Posts

Unfortunately no timeline, the purpose of this back order is to basically show EBC that there's interest in the pads so they bump up the production priority. As the back orders come in I will follow up with EBC and hopefully then they'll have a ETA.

As for other options, I haven't found anything from a reputable manufacturer. EBC has been producing brake pads for a while so that's why I am most comfortable with them!
Old 05-09-2024, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabla
Unfortunately no timeline, the purpose of this back order is to basically show EBC that there's interest in the pads so they bump up the production priority. As the back orders come in I will follow up with EBC and hopefully then they'll have a ETA.

As for other options, I haven't found anything from a reputable manufacturer. EBC has been producing brake pads for a while so that's why I am most comfortable with them!
Got it, thank you.