A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Air suspension setting and "vibrations?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Air suspension setting and "vibrations?"

I just had a revelation this morning about my 2024 AR. I'd recently swapped out my winter tires for my OEM all seasons. After a few days, I noticed that there seemed to be some kind of minor wobbliness, or vibrations, or sloppiness to the feel of my car, when accelerating between speeds of about 55-65, roughly. I thought, "I need to bring this back in and have them recheck the balancing of the tires." It's very minor though, so I didn't know if it was just my imagination, or going from squishy winter tires to the OEMs (which have less than 2K miles on them). This morning, I switched from "Comfort" to "Dynamic" mode and the vibrations (whatever you want to call them) completely went away. Now, when I am on smooth roads, no vibrations at any speed. When on rough roads, the vibrations I feel are all due to road condition. The "balancing" issue seems to have completely disappeared. I wonder why this would be? Does it mean there is something wrong with my air suspension settings or control? Is this something that is just a limitation of the system? Is it something they can check at the dealership?