Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Automated Emergency Braking System Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts
Default Automated Emergency Braking System Settlement

II. Warranty Extension for Current Owners or Lessees of Settlement Class Vehicles
Effective on May 15, 2024, VWGoA will extend its New Vehicle Limited Warranties (“NVLW”) applicable to the Settlement Class Vehicles to cover 75% of the cost of a diagnosed and confirmed malfunction or failure of a Settlement Class Vehicle’s AEB system (which was/is a feature of, and/or included in, “Audi Braking Guard,” “Pre Sense Front,” “Audi Pre Sense City,” and/or “Turn assist,” depending upon the year and model of the vehicle) that resulted from malfunction or failure of the AEB system’s control unit, camera(s), radar, LIDAR, and/or sensor(s) which enable AEB functionality, by an authorized Audi dealer, during a period of up to twelve (12) months or twelve thousand (12,000) miles (whichever occurs first) from the expiration of the Settlement Class Vehicle’s NVLW. If a Settlement Class Vehicle’s Warranty Extension time period has already expired as of the Notice Date, then for that Settlement Class Vehicle, the time limitation of the Warranty Extension shall be extended until November 15, 2024, subject to the same mileage and other limitations set forth above.

https://aebsettlement.com/
Old 05-20-2024, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts

Ha! I just reading mine! I was assuming it was a water pump settlement. What is this AEB Brake thing? I haven't had a repair but I do get some kind of limited functionality message on some part of my safety package.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

What is the "fix" for this. Mine malfunctions all the time, especially on left turns, and brakes when it shouldn't. I've already filed a NHTSA complaint, but NOTHING. Dealers says there is no fix. Has anybody had this fixed at the dealer??
Old 05-20-2024, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also received this letter today. Don't think I have ever had this AEB repaired and replaced. I did have the "Pre-Sense Currently Restricted" message came up several times when the Q7 was driven on wide open freeway.
The following 2 users liked this post by HKBruin:
Deeds (05-22-2024), HeathK (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by HKBruin
I also received this letter today. Don't think I have ever had this AEB repaired and replaced. I did have the "Pre-Sense Currently Restricted" message came up several times when the Q7 was driven on wide open freeway.
YES! That's the error message I've been getting. I'm going to set up an appt with my dealership regarding that message.

I'm still waiting for our water pump issue
Old 05-20-2024, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If you didn’t pay for any fix, you have no claim. Good luck. The only winners here are the damn lawyers.
The following 2 users liked this post by E39Nutz:
atlanta A6 (05-22-2024), mbs (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one for my 2020 A4 as well. Some malfunctions I did experience:

1. Audi Presence Malfunction / unavailable pop-up on the virtual cockpit

2. Car slammed the brake while backing up without any obstacles.

3. Fully stopped for couples of seconds while waiting for traffic lights, pre-collision / pre-sense suddenly activated and the safety belt fastened as well, scared the s**t out of me and my wife.

4. Raising sensing function is not smart enough, sometimes needs to turn on or off the wiper to have it adapt to the rain volume.

5. High beam assist does not turn off the high beam while there is clearly a car in front of me in the opposite directly straightly, I need to manually turn it off.

With those said, I've never taken it to the dealer to have it checked, car is still under warranty for about 3 months. Now with this settlement going on, not sure if I could have it fixed with no out-of-pocket.

The question is: it looks like the settlement is saying if you ever paid for the repair of AEB system prior to May 14 2024, then you can get reimbursement based on your cars NVLW expired or not. But I might be wrong since there are so many logic and words there, being a non native speaker....

I'll ask AoA online support to figure out my doubts tomorrow and then the dealer.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by moemich

3. Fully stopped for couples of seconds while waiting for traffic lights, pre-collision / pre-sense suddenly activated and the safety belt fastened as well, scared the s**t out of me and my wife.

4. Raising sensing function is not smart enough, sometimes needs to turn on or off the wiper to have it adapt to the rain volume.

5. High beam assist does not turn off the high beam while there is clearly a car in front of me in the opposite directly straightly, I need to manually turn it off.

With those said, I've never taken it to the dealer to have it checked, car is still under warranty for about 3 months. Now with this settlement going on, not sure if I could have it fixed with no out-of-pocket.

The question is: it looks like the settlement is saying if you ever paid for the repair of AEB system prior to May 14 2024, then you can get reimbursement based on your cars NVLW expired or not. But I might be wrong since there are so many logic and words there, being a non native speaker....

I'll ask AoA online support to figure out my doubts tomorrow and then the dealer.
Yeah, I have most of these as well, but I would love to hear from anyone who got his/her dealer to "fix" them for a cost, and did it fix the problem? I think we all experience these serious design problems, but in all cases the dealer says they all do this and there is no fix, yet this class action is for reimbursement for a "fix." Its just very unclear what AEB problem that is being "fixed."
Old 05-21-2024, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I get the notifications on my 18 SQ5 but have not gotten any on the wife's 18 Q7.

Last week I was wondering if I could turn it off via VCDs... Got the letter yesterday.

Old 05-22-2024, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by moemich

they are also extending the warranty for claims under AEB

Quick Reply: Automated Emergency Braking System Settlement