TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Another CCM Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another CCM Thread

I recently purchased a low mileage 2004 Mk1 TT Roadster with a couple of minor issues and I'm wondering if anyone has come across this before I start throwing parts at it. The roof warning dash light does not come on no matter what the state of the roof is. It lights briefly when the key is turned on, so I know the bulb works but when I push the button to open the roof, the windows drop and immediately go back up but the roof doesn't move. I can manually put it down and press the button to close it and it will close under its own power. Is this a failed CCM or something else? I should also point out that I can't get any keyfobs to program either. I opened the CCM last night and it looks brand new--there's no corrosion to be seen. The door locks and trunk and gas cap releases work fine. Manually pressing on the front switches makes no difference and the VAGCOM shows no faults.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by imgreg
I recently purchased a low mileage 2004 Mk1 TT Roadster with a couple of minor issues and I'm wondering if anyone has come across this before I start throwing parts at it. The roof warning dash light does not come on no matter what the state of the roof is. It lights briefly when the key is turned on, so I know the bulb works but when I push the button to open the roof, the windows drop and immediately go back up but the roof doesn't move. I can manually put it down and press the button to close it and it will close under its own power. Is this a failed CCM or something else? I should also point out that I can't get any keyfobs to program either. I opened the CCM last night and it looks brand new--there's no corrosion to be seen. The door locks and trunk and gas cap releases work fine. Manually pressing on the front switches makes no difference and the VAGCOM shows no faults.
It sounds like the issue I had before. My CCM had failed and showed no signs visually or with VAGCOM.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So I finally figured this one out. There were two issues:

1) The plastic arm on the convertible top stow switch (part number 8N7907317 ) was broken clean off. No idea how this happened, but it was the cause of the convertible top not going down since the computer thought it was already down, regardless of whether it was or not. For anybody that needs to replace this: buy a set of stubby ball end allen wrenches (Bondhus 77099 is what I bought). It makes the job 100x easier.

2) The keyfob module of the CCM had failed, but that was unrelated to any of the convertible top issues.