TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Finally Finished

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Finished

I have toiled for three days going through my new car.
DEFCON 3 adapters and MK 1 Rear Bushings installed. This makes the car dead on, point and shoot. Awesome product. Installation was a little tricky. I am very happy with the results. Having new ball joints and tie rod ends also helps. Will get an alignment as soon as I can get in.
I replaced all four wheel bearings with Meyle bearings. The car glides along very quietly. (except for the road noise and exhaust - Roadster).
Installed the loaner Haldex Controller from HPA, no more ESP light, yeah!! I was surprised with how little fluid drained out of the Haldex. Serviced with new fluid and filter. I can't wait to get the performance controller.
I still have a couple of problems:
I think I need new strut tower bearings. I noticed when I had it torn down the passenger side can be moved up and down about a half an inch. Is this normal?
The Airbag Controller I received back from Vitaly Sandyrev on Ebay cleared the Side Airbag High Igniter Resistance, but still show a checksum memory error. (65535) I guess I will ship it back to him.
And finally the Airflow Flap Potentiometer Open/Short Intermittent on the EVAP keeps coming back.
Only two things I didn't like as I was taking everything apart: One - the welded brake line holder on the trailing arm bushing pocket. Two - the rear brake dust cover bolt won't come out without the wheel hub being pulled. The ABS ring gets in the way. Although I'm sure the group here could school me on a few more than this. Altogether well built.
So these are small things left to fix.
The drive tonight was mind-blowing. The car just goes.
For all the little, and some big problems, it all seems worth it zipping down the road.

New picture coming soon.