TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Off Topic rant: What is decency?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic rant: What is decency?

Even though I am probably the only american male that did not see the tit that lauched a thousand rants, I think that our society has had an almost comical reaction to it.

We live in the age of HBO - Bada bing on Sopranos, and the Real Sex series - why is a part of the human anatomy cause for such opining?
I think it is pretty disengenous of the FCC to consider fining CBS for what could not have been more that 5 sec of air time, while NBCs Fear Factor can put on shows about people getting paid to eat pig uteruses and cow/deer *********....that in my not so humble opinion is indecent.

I was talking to a nurse yesterday about it, and her issue w/ it was that kids were watching and gross out tv is not of a "sexual nature." She (with a straight face) said that an uncovered boob is sexual...when less than 20 mins earlier, the patient (female) on the OR table was totally disrobed - I bit my tongue because I needed to pay attn to the case but, I am sure if I mentioned the patient, her answer would have been - well that is different....

anyway, I have no point to the rant just wanted to rant after reading articles in the newspaper.

I will now go out and drive the TT - does that make my thread relevant

Disclaimer: I think that J Jackson is one smoking 35+ yo...now if only she and her bro dont look so similar....
Old 02-04-2004, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i agree. europeans don't have a problem with the human body

we're turning into prudes faster than i'd like to make my car. our society is becoming so rediculous:
don't wave our flag, you'll offend someone
don't sing xmas song, " " "
don't show nudity
etc.
etc.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:09 AM

Default don't feel bad, I didn't see it either. I agree it's silly in the abstract, and idiotic in...

the context of everything else that's on.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Off Topic rant: What is decency?

I saw it and it was so quick that you were more suprised at what you had just seen that there wasn't enough time to really analyze the scene. It was not anything different than what you would see on the MTV Music awards. Oh yea it was nice.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well I'm 21, so that 35yo saggy boob did nothing for me. Yucky. Just an age diff I think.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hey! hey! I am 23...but I remember drooling over her 10 years ago....i think she looks better now.

how old is she?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default she might as well be 60. (link) man she's really ugly now.

Look at her face. Man she's really ugly! She looks like a Klingon in all that black leater spiked get-up too. And her hair looks like she was electricuted.<ul><li><a href="http://www.morethings.com/log/janet_jackson_superbowl_titty.jpg">Picture of Janet (Do not click unless you're 18+)</a></li></ul>
Old 02-04-2004, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You are confused. She's hot. Even if indecent.

It is not appropriate to feature nudity in a half time show. Decency is in the eye of the audience.

HBO would be fine.

Late night would be fine.

The super bowl is supposed to be a family event. It's all about setting the proper expectations.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That was the first time I saw that pic....Guess i should have googled - Grey where is the sag?

...Fear factor is on in prime time - family watching hours.
I just think that genitalia is nudity, all else is anatomy.
You are right though, decency is in the eye of the beholder - the Taliban believe that female skin showing was indecent....maybe after I have a child (girl) of my own my thoughts will change.

moral - it is okay to show/stroke your ***** as long as they are hairy (a la Fat bastard in austin powers) - I dont that scene gets censored.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Notice how the boob is being held up by her outfit? Notice how the boob looks like

a gelatenous oyster-like blob in a bowl? Those are saggy ******* my friend. If you took away the outfit they'd fall down like 6 inches. These are nice boobies...<ul><li><a href="http://www.seanssite.com/women/beyonce/beyoncebig/beyonce7.jpg">don't worry, they're covered (sorry guys)</a></li></ul>