Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Sold

Bright Red 2002 allroad for sale, close to perfect

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bright Red 2002 allroad for sale, close to perfect

I’ve been meaning to list my 2002 allroad here for months. I’m asking $18K obo. I purchased the car 4 years ago and have covered roughly 15K miles during my ownership. It was ordered in a custom red—I believe Audi Amulet red, although those in this forum will be better informed to know if the name of the color is something other than Amulet. Suffice to say the color is original, and it is really, really red. The original owner was in Palm Beach, Florida, and the car spent its entire life there until I bought it. Why anyone would buy a snowmobile in custom red for the blizzards of south Florida is anybody’s guess, but the result is an unbelieveably clean allroad, very lightly used. The odometer shows 54,000+/-. When I bought the car it had around 39K miles, and the CarFax showed a discrepancy of 11,000 miles. The car was taken in trade at a local Kia dealer (I know...why? Maybe she bought an Equus or Genesis—I also noted in the pictures that I never removed the Kia dealership sticker—I just never even noticed that it was there. My bad.) Anyway, the assumption was that someone rounded the numbers up at some transactional point. I am thoroughly confident that the current mileage is actual. The only place the car shows any wear of note is the area surround the ignition key insert. Since owning the car I have performed a coil over conversion—I understand that this is blasphemy to some (one friend said, well you just turned your allroad into a Subaru Legacy) but after paying for two expensive repairs, I bailed when it failed a third time. In addition to the coil over and regular maintenance, the following have been performed during my time with the car: complete brake job, new tires, new set of winter tires with only one season (3K miles max), new headliner, on board aftermarket Bluetooth (you can see the control mounted on one of the climate vents). Otherwise, the car is missing two of the 0000 wheel covers. My plan was to spend the winter doing a manual tranny swap as a friend has a donor, but in the interim I purchased on BaT a 2008 BMW 5-Series wagon with a 6-speed, so the Audi has to go. I’m asking $ Here is the Dropbox link.

Last edited by uberwgn; 02-06-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well that was interesting—I must just have run out of characters: I’m asking $18K obo—I know that’s a very high number, but I do think this may be the most perfect original allroad anywhere—certainly the nicest I’ve ever seen. If the market doesn’t support that number, then I will sell it at the number the market sets. Happy to answer any questions—i did have a minor front-end fender bender in a parking lot—otherwise, event-free. There are a couple of minor areas that should be addressed at some point: the plastic channel for the rear window curtain broke when the tailgate was closed too aggressively about a year ago, and you can see in one of the pictures that the rubber around that same window is ruffled—no leak, but it looks like it should probably be addressed. Here is the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85avx32yc...udf141q4a?dl=0
Old 02-06-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It appears I have posted this in the wrong location—apologies for that. As soon as I have edit privileges I will delete this post and list it in the classifieds. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Schoolmark
It appears I have posted this in the wrong location—apologies for that. As soon as I have edit privileges I will delete this post and list it in the classifieds. Thanks.
Looks like it was re-posted correctly for you in the classified section. Although based upon the pics, age of vehicle, and model...your asking price seems miss-aligned with what ARs are selling for. And when looking up via pricing guides, you seem to be even further off the KBB value for a '02 Allroad. Good luck.

BTW, I recently saw a MINT special edition "Olympic" sprint blue and only 1 of 10 ever produced sell for about 1/2 your asking price, like the one here: http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/200...ition-6-speed/

Last edited by raj99; 02-06-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Raj99,

Thanks for your comment. I understand that the number is really high. I’m going to sell the car for the best number I’m offered—I figured I would start here and then perhaps list it as an auction with a more reasonable reserve—maybe $10K, to see where it goes. It is really clean, and the set of winter tires is essentially brand new. So as soon as this forum offers me edit privileges, I can change the initial asking price. Also, I don’t see it listed in classifieds—can you send a link to that perhaps?

thanks again
Old 02-06-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Raj99,

Thanks for your comment. I understand that the number is really high. I’m going to sell the car for the best number I’m offered—I figured I would start here and then perhaps list it as an auction with a more reasonable reserve—maybe $10K, to see where it goes. It is really clean, and the set of winter tires is essentially brand new. So as soon as this forum offers me edit privileges, I can change the initial asking price. Also, I don’t see it listed in classifieds—can you send a link to that perhaps?

thanks again
You are in the correct sub, since it's listed in the https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vehicles-sale-202/ even at $10K, your AR would be a outside of any other AR sold - it's just a standard low mileage automatic AR. Regardless good luck. BTW, to request edit privilege you need to request it here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/fee...hread-2748703/
Old 02-13-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Where is it in RI?

I’ve been meaning to list my 2002 allroad here for months. I’m asking $18K obo. I purchased the car 4 years ago and have covered roughly 15K miles during my ownership. It was ordered in a custom red—I believe Audi Amulet red, although those in this forum will be better informed to know if the name of the color is something other than Amulet. Suffice to say the color is original, and it is really, really red. The original owner was in Palm Beach, Florida, and the car spent its entire life there until I bought it. Why anyone would buy a snowmobile in custom red for the blizzards of south Florida is anybody’s guess, but the result is an unbelieveably clean allroad, very lightly used. The odometer shows 54,000+/-. When I bought the car it had around 39K miles, and the CarFax showed a discrepancy of 11,000 miles. The car was taken in trade at a local Kia dealer (I know...why? Maybe she bought an Equus or Genesis—I also noted in the pictures that I never removed the Kia dealership sticker—I just never even noticed that it was there. My bad.) Anyway, the assumption was that someone rounded the numbers up at some transactional point. I am thoroughly confident that the current mileage is actual. The only place the car shows any wear of note is the area surround the ignition key insert. Since owning the car I have performed a coil over conversion—I understand that this is blasphemy to some (one friend said, well you just turned your allroad into a Subaru Legacy) but after paying for two expensive repairs, I bailed when it failed a third time. In addition to the coil over and regular maintenance, the following have been performed during my time with the car: complete brake job, new tires, new set of winter tires with only one season (3K miles max), new headliner, on board aftermarket Bluetooth (you can see the control mounted on one of the climate vents). Otherwise, the car is missing two of the 0000 wheel covers. My plan was to spend the winter doing a manual tranny swap as a friend has a donor, but in the interim I purchased on BaT a 2008 BMW 5-Series wagon with a 6-speed, so the Audi has to go. I’m asking $ Here is the Dropbox link.
I live there as well. There would be a number of concerns, primarily, major service requirements in the future around suspension etc etc etc & now you have an $18k investment into a KBB valued car of $3-5k
Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The suspension is perfect, as is the rest of the car. My '85 Mercedes has a KBB value of $4500 and I have turned down 5 offers north of $20K--the most recent being last week. My VW Eurovan Camper has a KBB value of $12K and I have turned down 3 offers over $35K. An exact twin of my '08 5 Series wagon, with a KBB value of $9K sold two weeks ago on BaT for $22K. Point being KBB is a fine reference point if you are shopping for a 2012 Camry. This is the cleanest allroad I have ever seen, and where I live, I see half a dozen of them a month. It is in an extremely rare color, extremely low mileage, and it spent almost its entire life in Florida. Furthermore, I would have dropped the price to $12K, but this forum had not allowed me to edit, until now, apparently. I will take $10K, or happily drive it for another 16 years. The car is in Newport.