Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A8 FS in MT: 2003 Audi S8 D2 - Avus Silver, Ox-blood Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FS in MT: 2003 Audi S8 D2 - Avus Silver, Ox-blood Interior

I have for sale my 2003 Audi S8. It has 134,000 miles on it, 2 sets of tires, the original 18" RS6 wheels and Z-rated off-brand tires and some B6 S4 Avus wheels with Conti DWS purchased last year on them. Timing belt done less then 5k miles ago, oil cooler pipe replaced with aluminum pipe, new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, Aluminum Brake Block, new Bilstien B6 Sport front struts, D3 transmission Valve-body upgrade, new transmission filter, all vacuum lines are new; comes with rear Brembo rear rotors to swap on and a full set of EBC Yellow-stuff brake pads, and other bits when they are needed. Has the independent fog-light "mod" done. Excellent car that will surely last many more miles. Sunroof works great, blows very cold air with the A/C, no issues at all and I'd drive this anywhere in the US without fear of a breakdown. All electronics work as intended aside from the rear window shade...which "works" but is off its slide. No fading LCD screen, nothing but LiquidMoly 5W40 synthetic oils used. Had a Power steering flush and coolant flush. If you're interested, let me know!

I'm asking $12k for the car and all the wheels/tires and extra parts...Car has been in the NW and now in MT its entire life...no salt on the roads to corrode the underside! If you need more photos, let me know!

Old 08-02-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Price is OBO...willing to negotiate...purchased the car at 128k miles...I'm truly not quite at 133k mile but stated above the mileage was 134k due to using it as a daily driver...I wanted to throw in a 6spd swap but I just had another kid and now need a larger vehicle with more ground clearance for this next snow season...if it were up to me, I'd keep it as my forever car...truly a blissful experience driving these in all weather conditions...

I'll be incredibly upfront with any questions or concerns if there's interest...
Old 08-06-2019, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you give more details about the d3 valve body upgrade?
Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Potentially Interested

Let me know the best way to contact you outside this forum.
Thanks.

Peter Dowker
The following users liked this post:
SC_09iduA (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kinderutz
Can you give more details about the d3 valve body upgrade?
I purchased a used VB from OLECS and they sent it to Erikson for the valve-body upgrade...they bore out the pressure sleeve and updated it...below is the dialog from Erikson:

"The valve body housing upgrade we do for OCLES is $195 plus freight back and forth. The filter is $34.85, the pan gasket is $19.90 and the ZF oil we sell is $18.20 per liter"
"
Any thought on adding a TransGo pressure piston kit to help bolster longevity?

IT IS NOT NECESSARY. IT IS A DECENT PRODUCT THAT LETS YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITHOUT MACHINING. IN MY OPINION IT WILL NOT LAST AS LONG AS THE WAY WE FIX IT."

it was the upgrade they should have seen from the factory but didn't push it through until the newer D3 models came to...this has eliminated any RPM searching at around 40mph when the old VB would make the Tach jump up and down (flutter) until it "found the right speed" to keep it steady as expected.

I was told it will "fix" any possibility of premature failure on these ZF transmissions...So far, after a year of use, it's been working great without any concerns thus far...
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I responded to the PM on contact information:
Old 08-22-2019, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bumpity bump

...let me know if you have any questions of this vehicle...
Old 09-04-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bump...talk to me! Make an offer or if needed, let me know if you need other photos, information, etc.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bumpity bump bump

Old 10-02-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Send it!

Quick Reply: Audi A8 FS in MT: 2003 Audi S8 D2 - Avus Silver, Ox-blood Interior