The newly redesigned 2015 Audi A8 makes North American debut at NAIAS
• Audi A8 and S8 models redesigned for more sportiness, performance and luxury.
• More powerful 4.0T engine increases from 420 to 435 horsepower
• New front fascia and rear design including newly designed lights give Audi A8 model line an even more dynamic stance
The Audi A8 sedan receives an even more dynamic look for the 2015 model year. New LED headlamp design and powerful creases in the hood as well as newly designed grille, bumper, and splitter combine to give the A8 model line fascia a wider stance and a more dynamic presence. The rear of the A8 and S8 receive a new tail lamp and a new tailpipe design that further support the sportier exterior. The S8 also receives an available sport exhaust that allows passengers to audibly experience its powerful drive train.
“The Audi A8 sedan represents the pinnacle of Audi progressive luxury,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “Our flagship model was chosen by more customers every year since its introduction and the new 2015 A8 model line will continue to build upon that success.”
The new 2015 Audi A8 and S8 will arrive in the U.S. in the summer of 2014. Highlights include:
Design and Body
For 2015, the Audi A8 and S8 receive new front and rear designs that give all of the models a wider, more dynamic stance. The ASF® aluminum construction of the A8/S8 continues to provide exceptional rigidity and performance characteristics.
• Dynamic new front fascia including standard new LED headlights, hood,
Audi Singleframe® grille, bumper and splitter design combine for greater presence on the road
• New tail lamp and trapezoidal tailpipe design (oval quad tailpipes on S8)
• New selection of 20” wheels and five new exterior colors
Technology and Driver Assistance System Features
Audi continues to offer industry leading technology that improves the driving experience for drivers and passengers alike including Audi Side assist and Audi pre sense® plus. The Audi MMI® navigation plus system that includes Google Earth mapping, Google Voice local search functionality and a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to eight devices continues to be a benchmark for the segment. New driver assistance systems for the 2015 A8 model line are:
• Active lane assist helps keep the A8 between the lane markings through active steering adjustments should the vehicle drift across the lane markings
• Secondary collision assist automatically applies the brakes following a collision to help avoid possible secondary collisions
• Night vision assistant already offers pedestrian detection. Now animal detection is able to highlight larger animals such as deer and help provide a warning to the driver if the animal is in danger of entering the path of travel
• Head-up display for ease of viewing vehicle speed, navigation, automatic cruise control, Active lane assist and Night vision warning information projected onto windscreen
• Audi park assist (late availability) which will help steer the car into a parking space
All of the A8 model line engines offer excellent efficiency and performance.
The A8 TDI in particular continues to offer a great alternative for those wanting impressive efficiency without compromise, while the S8 impresses with its 520 horsepower. The A8 3.0 TFSI continues to be the entry into the A8 model range and the W12 represents the pinnacle of luxury. The new electromechanical power steering provides greater comfort and agility, while improving fuel efficiency. Changes to the 2015 engine offering include:
• A8 4.0T V8 increases horsepower from 420hp to 435hp
• W12 6.3 liter engine now with Cylinder On Demand technology
Higher Level of Luxury
Luxury equipment such as available 22-way front and rear comfort seats with 5 different massage functions as well as heating and ventilation capabilities are just some of the elements that make the A8 interior the benchmark in the segment. New optimized elements that add to its luxury feel include:
• Significant acoustic measures for a quieter cabin and driving comfort
• Optimized trunk packaging for improved space and usability
The Audi S8 – Design and Body
The updated Audi S8 becomes even sportier with its new exterior design that further complements its exceptional performance characteristics.
• New interior design selection: Vermont brown leather interior paired with Carbon twill copper inlays combine the sporty character of the S8 with stunning elegance and craftsmanship
• Updated front fascia design with larger air intakes in the lower bumper and reduced use of chrome accents give a sportier look. New sport exhaust with wider oval quad tailpipes, rear diffusor and side sills in addition to the front and rear tail lamp changes round out the dynamic design of the Audi S8