A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Low pitch noise from HVAC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Low pitch noise from HVAC?

Hello fellow Allroaders,

Love my B9 except for one little issue I have upon cold starts, when the car turns on, the fan and or compressor starts to make a low pitched noise like groaning, is not speed dependent, but goes away when the HVAC shuts off.

Another thing is that I left the vehicle parked for about an hour and I come back to find the tailgate wide open. Is this relatable to the B9 A4's TSB on the trunk opening randomly?

One last thing, the car makes a popping noise when it comes to a stop regardless if the auto start stop engages or not.

If anyone has some experience with these I would apreciate the response!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
popping noise
Could it be the brake pad noise discussed in this thread? There is an address in this message for a video that demonstrates the issue.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Hello fellow Allroaders,

Love my B9 except for one little issue I have upon cold starts, when the car turns on, the fan and or compressor starts to make a low pitched noise like groaning, is not speed dependent, but goes away when the HVAC shuts off.

Another thing is that I left the vehicle parked for about an hour and I come back to find the tailgate wide open. Is this relatable to the B9 A4's TSB on the trunk opening randomly?

One last thing, the car makes a popping noise when it comes to a stop regardless if the auto start stop engages or not.

If anyone has some experience with these I would apreciate the response!
Regarding the tailgate wide open, I had the same thing happen to me - parked the car, locked it and went into s store for a few minutes and when I came out I saw the tailgate open wide. It's the key fob. Had it in my pocket and it must have sensed a pressure against it and it opened up.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Several years ago, I started keeping all of my keys on a medium size belt key clip. It is perfect for cars with keyless ignition, because if you leave keys in your pants pocket, they could slide out when you are driving.

And it ends the search for which pocket you put your keys in, if you are wearing a jacket with multiple pockets.

With the fob hanging from a key clip, it is far less likely to be accidentally touched in a way that might open your car up.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
It's the key fob. Had it in my pocket and it must have sensed a pressure against it and it opened up.
I agree. I leaned down to pick up a package and the keys hit the Panic Button at just the right angle...........