Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 274559

Default fault code P1586

I have an a4 estate 2001, when we get lots of rain my car develops a fault i have just read The code and comes up with P1586? Its says the solenoid mount. Any ideas why it only happens in bad weather conditions and what the fix could be?
adam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 178332

Never seen any post on any forum that has that fault. But, the first thing on the A4 that comes to when any one says anything about faults after a rain is the drain until the ECU box. If it is clogged, there are electrical relays that will sit in water causing varied faults. The ECU box is under the cowl cover to the right of the battery. I would start there. If I remember correctly, the drain can be seen below the black box and to the right. The other drains are in the sun roof area and if clogged, water can intrude in your cabin. See link below far a good explanation on the drains.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ghlight=drains

Last edited by lyleswk; 01-09-2014 at 12:28 PM.
lyleswk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 246328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleswk View Post
Never seen any post on any forum that has that fault. But, the first thing on the A4 that comes to when any one says anything about faults after a rain is the drain until the ECU box. If it is clogged, there are electrical relays that will sit in water causing varied faults. The ECU box is under the cowl cover to the right of the battery. I would start there. If I remember correctly, the drain can be seen below the black box and to the right. The other drains are in the sun roof area and if clogged, water can intrude in your cabin. See link below far a good explanation on the drains.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ghlight=drains
i looked up the code, it relates to hydraulic mount on diesels?
tofast2belast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 178332

Assume you have a diesel?

I looked it up as well before I posted and the problem is 95% of the people on the forum have gas / petrol cars, not diesel. Diesels aren't sold in the US on any Audi until very recently. Hence the lack of info. But, as I said, anyone that posts an electrical issue after a big rain, my thinking first goes to water being where it shouldn't. Solve that, and then see if the mount issue is still there. Some of these electrical issues "fix themselves" when you solve the water intrusion issue.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 274559

Hey
Thanks for the help. Yes it is a diesel, i didnt realise this was mostly an american site or that you guys didnt have diesels so much.

Im hoping the problem has now been solved, the egr valve and air cut off valve were filled with carbon and took a lot of cleaning, car is now up and running once again hopefully with the problem completely gone.

Once again thanks for the help
adam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1586, a4, audi, b6, code, p1586