A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Basic low beam bulb replacement procedure

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic low beam bulb replacement procedure

I didn't see any posts on how to replace original low beam bulbs in B7 A4 so figured I would post. Sorry no pics but here's teh key. First, I'm a very basic DIYer (I bought myself a trophy for replacing my spark plugs) and this is easy. Second, there is NO need to remove anything, with one exception. On pax side, have to remove the duct which easily comes apart in two pieces to clean filter. You can also unhook the cable that is fastened by two clips. Open the plastic interior light bulb cover and be VERY careful not to drop it. Then gently pull out the black wired box that holds the bulb. Third, and this is key, note that the H7 bulb has one flat end on the round base disc. When you install the replacement bulb, the flat end should point UP. Then gently work it back into the headlight. You can see if its in correctly by looking at the headlight and seeing if its flush and centered. There is really no click and its pretty shallow, so its in if its flush and centered, and you gently apply increasing pressure with your fingers to push it in and wont budge. If it moves around a little its not in securely, most likely bc off center or the flat side of the disc is not pointed up.

I have long fingers but on the thin side, definitely helped. I got scraped up but with feeling around you can do this without any complicated parts removals and without seeing inside the headlight. Someone with thick fingers might not be able.

If someone really wants I'll post pics but this is really easy, a little time consuming only bc you have to feel around and make sure not to drop anything.