A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 A4 Phone Not Installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still no word on the part number for the Blue Tooth Control Module for a 2011 A4. Anybody help out?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Samo7
Still no word on the part number for the Blue Tooth Control Module for a 2011 A4. Anybody help out?
It seems that I missed your original question. I think the answer will depend if you have navigation (MMI & Optical bus) etc.

My early A4 B8 with 2G MMI and MOST had telephone preparation and the module 4E0862335.
Searching for 862335 brings up also 8T0862335 as a candidate. I don't know if that is with or without MOST etc, but maybe a starting point for your search.

(The A4 facelifted model is different, but I believe the earliest facelift is for MY 2012 ?)
Old 09-22-2014, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

My search has led me to believe that it was part #862335, not sure the difference.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I have almost the same question.
My A4 has this specification:
sw:0351 and HW: H07, I have the button on the steering and the button tel on the radio.
When I clik on tel and my iphone 4s is connected the answer is Telephone not installed. But If I click MEdia I am able to lissen music from my phone.
Could you help me to undestand why i am not able to make a call?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

aaaaarrrrrgh, help!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is the part number 862335 or 862336?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am in the same scenario

I just bought my 2012 A4 and discovered that the "Telphone not installed." message likely meant I don't actually have the BT or telephone package installed. Why Audi would have a steering wheel with the controls in there instead of an insert for vehicles not equipped with that option is beyond me, but I do want to see if it is possible to equip with an aftermarket option.

As the original poster's case, my glove box does not have an interface connection.

I do not know how to find the HW and SW version on the unit, but it does say "Audi Concert". Is something like the Belkin Bluetooth phone adapter pretty much my only option or is there an aftermarket radio I can replace the stock one with that will use the phone controls on the steering wheel or offer it's own phone controls? The steering wheel controls aren't all that great to me anyway as my previous vehicle had the button on the steering wheel and it never seemed to fail that someone would call while I was in the process of turning in somewhere and I'd be fumbling to try and answer it.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Bluetooth module to be installed. Unlike my S8 there is no module rack in the trunk. Is it to be located behind the MMI system?
Old 02-27-2015, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Samo7
I have the Bluetooth module to be installed. Unlike my S8 there is no module rack in the trunk. Is it to be located behind the MMI system?
Talk to the dealer but I don't think this is a plug and play application. You may have to get another harness to do the install and if thatis the case this will not be an easy installation. Good luck
Old 02-27-2015, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tbihn
I just bought my 2012 A4 and discovered that the "Telphone not installed." message likely meant I don't actually have the BT or telephone package installed. Why Audi would have a steering wheel with the controls in there instead of an insert for vehicles not equipped with that option is beyond me, but I do want to see if it is possible to equip with an aftermarket option.

As the original poster's case, my glove box does not have an interface connection.

I do not know how to find the HW and SW version on the unit, but it does say "Audi Concert". Is something like the Belkin Bluetooth phone adapter pretty much my only option or is there an aftermarket radio I can replace the stock one with that will use the phone controls on the steering wheel or offer it's own phone controls? The steering wheel controls aren't all that great to me anyway as my previous vehicle had the button on the steering wheel and it never seemed to fail that someone would call while I was in the process of turning in somewhere and I'd be fumbling to try and answer it.
Let me ask the question when you took this car for your test drive did you verify if the BT feature worked . Did the dealer or seller tell you the car had BT or did you assume it did. If this was a feature you wanted wouldn't you verify it was there.

Quick Reply: 2011 A4 Phone Not Installed?