A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A4 Oil Consumption Issue/Repair Still Covered?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 Oil Consumption Issue/Repair Still Covered?

I just had my oil changed a few weeks ago and the oil light came on today saying to add up to a quart. I have driven about 500 miles is my estimate.

I was not aware of the oil consumption issue/settlement until today. I am surprised I didn't receive any info about it even though I am the 2nd owner.

I set up a service appt. with the dealer in which they will do the 2-part test. I asked them if the repairs will be covered under warranty and they just said if it fails the test they turn it over to Audi to handle it.

Has anyone else had this issue without having initially filed a claim and has Audi taken care of it at no cost?
Old 04-30-2016, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by topaz99
I just had my oil changed a few weeks ago and the oil light came on today saying to add up to a quart. I have driven about 500 miles is my estimate.

I was not aware of the oil consumption issue/settlement until today. I am surprised I didn't receive any info about it even though I am the 2nd owner.

I set up a service appt. with the dealer in which they will do the 2-part test. I asked them if the repairs will be covered under warranty and they just said if it fails the test they turn it over to Audi to handle it.

Has anyone else had this issue without having initially filed a claim and has Audi taken care of it at no cost?
Hi topaz99. I recently had part two completed (new pistons) on my 2011 A4 Avant and all seems good, so far. Be patient, and expect to cycle back and forth from the dealer anytime the oil level low light comes on, but it's worth it in the long run. I usually handle routine maintenance, but chose to pay the dealer during the 1.5 years and +20k miles it took, so as not to add any question as to the correctness of the oil change.