A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Any Chipped A4 Owners have the TD1 flag yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Chipped A4 Owners have the TD1 flag yet?

I'm been following this S4 thread over on Audizine. I almost pulled the trigger on an APR tune for my Avant, but now I'm going to hold off. I got the extended warranty and don't want to void it all out by being flagged as TD1. Anyone with an ECU tune had any problems at the dealer lately???

Ironically, I also see that APR has the ECU flashes on sale at the moment. Coincidence?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-More-TD1-info
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I obtained a listing of TSBs for my car prior to booking a service appt. I saw the TSB listed for my car and figured that meant they would scan and report thus giving me the flag.

In an attempt to preempt this I took a swing by my APR dealer and had him flash me back to stock. Don't know if it would help or not, but for 15 min time it sure doesn't hurt to try.

I went in for service yesterday. There is a campaign for a software update on the B&O amp (I knew that beforehand as well). They flashed my ECU but I didn't care because it is just a 15 minute reflash at APR.

Well, not so easy. I went to my APR dealer today and turns out Audi re-enabled the security thingy. So he is going to have to pull the ECU and do whatever it is they do the first time in order to make it flash-able.

If this becomes the default thing Audi does upon updates, it is going to mess up the free and easy reflash APR offers.

Guess we'll see....
Old 04-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the update for the B&O amp for my '10 A4. I asked the service rep if this would wipe any of my VAG settings. He said he didn't know and called the tech to see if he know. But what I ware really concerned about was wiping my APR tune.

I had already put my ECU back to stock mode and locked it out. The tech said he would try a method that would only target the audio portion of the upgrade. It sorta worked.

Most of my VAG settings got wiped i.e. needle sweep, oil temp, no wink turn signal. But my tune was still intact. So not sure exactly what he did if did anything unusual at all, but I have a VAG com cable so redoing my settings wasn't a big deal. Just glad my APR tune was intact.

I looked over my paper work, no mention of TD1. Not sure if it would show up there anyways.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

As I understand it, if they scanned your car at all, you're now on Santa Audi's "naughty" list. The APR "stock" mode can't hide from the elves.