A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Cigarette lighters not working Fuse diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette lighters not working Fuse diagram?

Hi all ,

Firstly im quite new to the forum but have a feeling i may be back soon as ive got a few issues with my A4

None of the cigarette sockets are working (front,arm rest,back,boot) I attempted to changed the fuse but had a real struggle finding the correct one.

Its a 2013 B8.5 (facelift one ) Ive read many posts but all seem to be different to mine!

I did find the 3 fuse boxes and from my research i believe its the one in the boot.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-18-2017, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Domchapp
Hi all ,

Firstly im quite new to the forum but have a feeling i may be back soon as ive got a few issues with my A4

None of the cigarette sockets are working (front,arm rest,back,boot) I attempted to changed the fuse but had a real struggle finding the correct one.

Its a 2013 B8.5 (facelift one ) Ive read many posts but all seem to be different to mine!

I did find the 3 fuse boxes and from my research i believe its the one in the boot.

Thanks in advance
Do you have the owner's manual? It should show the right fuse location.
The right fuse for the all cigarette lighters and 12 volt sockets are supplied by the 20A fuse on the 3rd row #2 fuse in the fuse panel in the boot.

If you don't have a manual, try this online manual and search the cigarette lighter.

Audi Online Owner's Manual

If fuse is good, there is one more thing to check.
Power to the cigarette lighters is actually supplied through a relay from the fuse #2 on the same fuse panel. The relay is on #5 socket if you look the fuse panel frame very closely. You can swap with the other relay on #4 which is for rear defogger to verify it.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

To clarify: "3rd row" is the brown one.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audi8k
To clarify: "3rd row" is the brown one.
Hi , i dont have the owners manual but you were right i checked the 2nd fuse & it had gone. on before replacing i checked all the sockets to make sure they were ok , and the one in the arm rest had 2 1P pieces stuck in there

Anyway swapped out the fuse and all sprung back in to life. my Dash cam lives again