A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again, many thanks. moral of the story - patience is a virtue. should've stuck in there and waited for the gold...
Old 06-04-2016, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

VCDS 16.6.0 now allows to turn ACC in MMI on and off
Old 06-04-2016, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
VCDS 16.6.0 now allows to turn ACC in MMI on and off
By this do you mean the menu that allows you to change the default distance?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe
By this do you mean the menu that allows you to change the default distance?
Yep
Old 06-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this is my first Audi and I'm new to the VCDS programming but very interested in it. Is there somewhere I can go to learn more about it and what I need to purchase?

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ross-Tech makes VCDS and the interface cables that connect to your car. There are different cables at different costs. Right now is a bad time to buy a cable though because things are constantly changing. HEX-NET is expensive, HEX-CAN/Micro-CAN don't support the MLBevo platform properly and a new interface as successor of the HEX-CAN but with proper support for MLBevo is announced for late this year or early next year. Besides the hardware is the proper coding still a big black hole. No coding has been documented yet and what the various adaptation channels do is more trial and error than really knowing.

I would estimate that it will take at least another 12 months before VCDS has the same level of support and features on the MLBevo platform that it is known for on the older Audis. And with the new A5/A8/Q5/A6 being released over the next months there will be more cars and their owners to contribute to the treasure hunt.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ross-Tech makes VCDS and the interface cables that connect to your car. There are different cables at different costs. Right now is a bad time to buy a cable though because things are constantly changing. HEX-NET is expensive, HEX-CAN/Micro-CAN don't support the MLBevo platform properly and a new interface as successor of the HEX-CAN but with proper support for MLBevo is announced for late this year or early next year. Besides the hardware is the proper coding still a big black hole. No coding has been documented yet and what the various adaptation channels do is more trial and error than really knowing.

I would estimate that it will take at least another 12 months before VCDS has the same level of support and features on the MLBevo platform that it is known for on the older Audis. And with the new A5/A8/Q5/A6 being released over the next months there will be more cars and their owners to contribute to the treasure hunt.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm in the same boat. If you don't mind the cost of the HEX-NET, do you think it's still better to wait. In other words, do you think the new successor to HEX-CAN will have more capability than HEX-NET, or only better because it will be cheaper?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe
I'm in the same boat. If you don't mind the cost of the HEX-NET, do you think it's still better to wait. In other words, do you think the new successor to HEX-CAN will have more capability than HEX-NET, or only better because it will be cheaper?
I don't think the new interface will be better or can do more, it will be just cheaper due to no WiFi support.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VCP hack

Hi, do you know if there is a code to enable the configuration of "sport layout" of the VCP on the A4? You can configure it with a "S" model (seen on S3 and TTS) but it appears to be exclusive. I like its look very much. Thanks for any idea (or other VCP hack, I'm sure there are possibilities).

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks