A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Well, maybe not orange but hopefully a better layout...
Old 05-18-2016, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Well, maybe not orange but hopefully a better layout...
Well if you weren't so far away I'd totally be the Guinea pig. Can it be done via VCDS or just VCP?
Old 05-18-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I guess VCP only since it requires a logon code that is not public, VCP can hide those codes as part of its automated coding routines.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Trun Signal

Newbie here, just got my A4, Technik as they call in Canada and I am wondering if is possible to configure the front turn signal to be dynamic like the rear turn signal rather than just flash.

Also as a newbie, what tools are required to change this, if possible and what is the best source to purchase these.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2016, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dynamic front turn signals are part of Matrix LED only, it's hardware and not just coding. The turn signal in the Matrix LED headlight is three groups of LEDs that are controlled individually. In the standard LED and HID headlight there is only one group of LEDs for the turn signal.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Dynamic front turn signals are part of Matrix LED only, it's hardware and not just coding. The turn signal in the Matrix LED headlight is three groups of LEDs that are controlled individually. In the standard LED and HID headlight there is only one group of LEDs for the turn signal.
I do have the Matrix led headlight but the turn signals just flash. So my question is, is there a setting that can enable the dynamic function on the front turn signals and what is required in terms of tools ( hardware and software) to enable that functionality.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kapurar
I do have the Matrix led headlight but the turn signals just flash. So my question is, is there a setting that can enable the dynamic function on the front turn signals and what is required in terms of tools ( hardware and software) to enable that functionality.
If the turn signals just flash then you don't Matrix LED. I also don't think that Matrix LED is offered in Canada, I only see LED on audi.ca
Old 05-20-2016, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If the turn signals just flash then you don't Matrix LED. I also don't think that Matrix LED is offered in Canada, I only see LED on audi.ca
Sorry, but in European A4's the front turn signals without Matrix LED are also dynamic. My cousin has one with Xenon bulbs and his are dynamic. It is a software setting related to North America. I checked with my dealer he has confirmed that this feature was turned off for North American cars driven by some USDOT requirement.

So does anyone know how to enable this?
Old 05-20-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I seriously doubt that.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kapurar
Sorry, but in European A4's the front turn signals without Matrix LED are also dynamic. My cousin has one with Xenon bulbs and his are dynamic. It is a software setting related to North America. I checked with my dealer he has confirmed that this feature was turned off for North American cars driven by some USDOT requirement.

So does anyone know how to enable this?
Here's a description for the European configurator, it's not available in standard LED.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks