A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The code is on your tag that has the last 7 of your VIN, but the code is not your VIN, it is under the scratch off portion.

The PIN that you setup in your image is for the app, not the key user.
Imagine that! No wonder neither my dealer nor I have been able to set up Audi Connect. Maybe I can go educate the dealer now. He thought the 8-digit PIN was the requirement.

I opened the plastic case and found the scratch-off area, and sure enough there is a 10 character code (8 letters, 2 numbers). Now maybe I can have Audi Connect.

Thank you!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Imagine that! No wonder neither my dealer nor I have been able to set up Audi Connect. Maybe I can go educate the dealer now. He thought the 8-digit PIN was the requirement.

I opened the plastic case and found the scratch-off area, and sure enough there is a 10 character code (8 letters, 2 numbers). Now maybe I can have Audi Connect.

Thank you!
Erm. The 10 digit code was the pin I was talking about in the other post. Sorry for using the wrong terminology. They NEED that to make you the key user.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Erm. The 10 digit code was the pin I was talking about in the other post. Sorry for using the wrong terminology. They NEED that to make you the key user.
Well there's a 4 digit PIN for the app (can be changed), an 8 digit PIN that can substitute for your login info, and the 10 digit code for the key user login. Then there's also the key user contract number that must be dealer verified.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Well there's a 4 digit PIN for the app (can be changed), an 8 digit PIN that can substitute for your login info, and the 10 digit code for the key user login. Then there's also the key user contract number that must be dealer verified.
Boy, Audi made it quite complicated.
So, if I am going to sell my car to a private party in few years, I will have to get the 10 digit code for the new owner? Or else, the new owner will not be able to drive the car?
Old 02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Boy, Audi made it quite complicated.
So, if I am going to sell my car to a private party in few years, I will have to get the 10 digit code for the new owner? Or else, the new owner will not be able to drive the car?
They can drive it, just can't use the app that allows you to see vehicle status.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They can drive it, just can't use the app that allows you to see vehicle status.
Whew, what a relief. Thank you, SYMAWD! A used car buyer probably won't subscribe to Audi connect thus care less about the app.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Whew, what a relief. Thank you, SYMAWD! A used car buyer probably won't subscribe to Audi connect thus care less about the app.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. One of the major selling points of the A4 is the advanced technology. Take a look at your dealers lot inventory. Most of the A4's are probably only the premium version but 90% of those have the tech pkg. I bet less than 10% of the A4's on the lot are Premium+ or Prestige. It seems like a contradiction to buy the lowest model in the line then equip it with the highest technology. Dealers know people will forgo led headlights, side assist, memory seats, nicer wheels, upgraded int trim etc, just to get the tech. That's why dealers order cars for the lot like that. I could care less about nav and actually prefer gauges but thought my car would be a white elephant when i decided to sell it in a few years if i didn't have the tech. The next owners going to want all the tech they can get. He's saving money buying used but with the savings can afford the tech.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-22-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Tech comes and goes fast. We don't know if VC will still stand in 5 years.
I am the opposite. I took the Premium plus for its LED lighting (must have for my all new cars now, can't drive with halogen light anymore), parking sensor and B&O audio while took the tech package for the side Assist as well as pre Sense Rear. the VC is cool and won some bragging rights. Practically, I rarely use it for maps.
It's just me though.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

And you have to watch for the difference between MyAudi and MyAudiConnect and ConnectPlus; and the various service contract and insurance add-ons with similar names pushed by the dealer at buy-time; and Parking System, Parking System Plus, Parking Aid Plus, and Perpendicular Parking; ...............

I'm just worn out.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salesman didn't give me mine, and they couldn't find it so they ordered me a new one from Audi and it arrived with in the week.

Quick Reply: Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...