Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 TDI Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N2AK
The fact that you cannot buy ANY diesel from an Audi dealer should speak volumes
I live fairly close to an Audi dealership here in the bay area and just last night I saw someone test driving a brandy new A7 TDI.

I hadn't seen this post yet otherwise I would have road blocked their test drive from continuing and IMMEDIATELY told them that "N2AK" who read something on the internet says all Audi diesels aren't for sale!

On a lighter note check out Audi's website, VW press releases, EPA press releases, this thread amongst others. There are so many publicly available resources available to give you real information should you so be inclined to actually research things before you say stuff.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

The EPA issued a statement saying, "Today Volkswagen withdrew their certification application for 2016 vehicle models that use the 2.0L diesel engine including the AUDI: A3 VOLKSWAGEN: BEETLE, BEETLE CONVERTIBLE, GOLF, GOLF SPORTWAGEN, JETTA, PASSAT models."

A Volkswagen representative said the Touareg diesel, which uses a 3.0-liter engine, was not affected by the EPA discussions and would be part of the 2016 line-up.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N2AK
The fact that you cannot buy ANY diesel from an Audi dealer should speak volumes
Really don't think that is the case in the US. Some Audi and a lot of VW diesel's are shut down from sales, but not all Audis.

That said, not sure why people would want to buy them with this cloud hanging over VW / Audi's head, potential hits on resale value, etc.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014a6tdi
The EPA issued a statement saying, "Today Volkswagen withdrew their certification application for 2016 vehicle models that use the 2.0L diesel engine including the AUDI: A3 VOLKSWAGEN: BEETLE, BEETLE CONVERTIBLE, GOLF, GOLF SPORTWAGEN, JETTA, PASSAT models."

A Volkswagen representative said the Touareg diesel, which uses a 3.0-liter engine, was not affected by the EPA discussions and would be part of the 2016 line-up.
The issues only relate to the EA189 engine which is 4 cylinder and available in 1.2, 1.6 and 2.0 forms. Hence the A6 and A7 which use the V6 3.0 engines are not affected. Likewise in Europe many (but not all) of the most recent cars (and all that are Euro6 compliant) with 4 cylinder diesel engines of this capacity use the EA288 engine and this is also not affected by the software issue. Not that the vast majority of the media bother to understand this. Why let the facts get in the way of a story!
Old 10-30-2015, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone who has been shopping CPO TDI's for the past couple of months, it feels like prices are dropping out there materially in dealerland - especially relative to CPO 535d's (which have hung in like a rock). It makes sense to me that Audi dealers want to thin their exposure to TDI's due to all of the bad VAG press...great for me on the front end, but it may suck on the back-end when the CPO warranty expires and I want to move to the next car.

Has anyone noticed what I am noticing? Should I use the VAG TDI issue aggressively in my CPO search?
Old 10-30-2015, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bebopdeluxe
As someone who has been shopping CPO TDI's for the past couple of months, it feels like prices are dropping out there materially in dealerland - especially relative to CPO 535d's (which have hung in like a rock). It makes sense to me that Audi dealers want to thin their exposure to TDI's due to all of the bad VAG press...great for me on the front end, but it may suck on the back-end when the CPO warranty expires and I want to move to the next car.

Has anyone noticed what I am noticing? Should I use the VAG TDI issue aggressively in my CPO search?

Even though the 3.0L TDI wasn't part of the issue, its guilty by association and as such you will be impacted on the back-end.

I'm seeing about $4K - $8K off the pricing that was normal this time last year on the CPO TDI's in my area. So I'd think its already been factored in by most dealerships (via VAG, I'm sure). But yeah, be as aggressive as you want. Worst they can say is no.