Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cruise control speed limit system

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control speed limit system

Hi team.

On my audi A7 it says in the equipment list I have Cruise control speed limit system.

Now its one stick and so far as I have been able to work it, its just a basic cruise control, i.e. set a speed and it accelerates to that and stays there.

On my last car, I set a speed and speed limit meant I could hit the go faster pedal, but it would not go beyond the speed I set (Unless I floored it then it would allow me to accelerate beyond the limit. I really prefer this over cruise control, but cannot see anyway to set that.

So is Cruise control speed limit system simply put not that at all and is infact 'Cruise Control'?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can set an alarm speed, once you hit that an alarm will sound. There is nothing that limits the speed except the limiter at somewhere around 130.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Um, as I thought then. I must say audis marketing is disingenuous to say the least ha.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Not really. If you set the cruise then accelerate past it and let off it will brake back to the set speed. What car did you have that had two set speeds?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
You can set an alarm speed, once you hit that an alarm will sound. There is nothing that limits the speed except the limiter at somewhere around 130.
The C7 ACC has a max setting of 95mph in the US. Any speed above that and it will not engage. Yes, the MMI has speed warning setting. I personally have it set to max. The top speed of the car is factory set to 130mph unless you get a tune in which case the top speed limit is removed.

As far as the original op's question about the car having Cruise Control Speed Limit system, I have no idea what this is referring to. There are 2 types of cruise controls offered in the US. The standard type that maintains your set speed but does not maintain any desired following distance to the car in front of you nor does it bring the car to a complete stop if the vehicle in front of is also stopping. The last 2 feature I just described is part of the Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC) system.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, the OP needs to clarify the problem further. I cannot make out what the OP is referring to as inadequate.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

WellI thought my point was simple. In the brochure and indeed in 'my audi' the specs of my car tell me I have "Cruise control speed limit system"

Cruise control is just that, you set a speed and let off the accelerator understand that.

On my last car (BMW) was a limiter, hit the speed you wanted and press limit. Now in the mode you could hit the accelerator and it would not go beyond your set speed. This is an excellent system because when on the phone or what ever its easy to go to fast and cruise control leaves you with no control, of if set at 70 it does 70.

On the basis its just cruise control, why call it Cruise control speed limit system, thats muddy marketing for sure. Its just cruise control, there is no speed limit involved.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by garethsnaim
WellI thought my point was simple. In the brochure and indeed in 'my audi' the specs of my car tell me I have "Cruise control speed limit system"

Cruise control is just that, you set a speed and let off the accelerator understand that.

On my last car (BMW) was a limiter, hit the speed you wanted and press limit. Now in the mode you could hit the accelerator and it would not go beyond your set speed. This is an excellent system because when on the phone or what ever its easy to go to fast and cruise control leaves you with no control, of if set at 70 it does 70.

On the basis its just cruise control, why call it Cruise control speed limit system, thats muddy marketing for sure. Its just cruise control, there is no speed limit involved.
Certainly on the standard cruise control pressing the accelerator cause the cruise control to disengage and allow you to accelerator. A short pull on the control arm then sees the car return to the previous preset speed. I assumed the only difference between the two systems was that the ACC system ensures that with the speed set the car maintains a safe distance to the car in front and brakes when an idiot ttys to occupy the safe gap. Maybe that is not the case
Old 09-11-2014, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

This is the description of the system from the UK brochure. No mention of Speed Limit at all. Also on Page 48 of the current US brochure the description of ACC makes no mention of speed limit either.

PCG
Adaptive cruise control (ACC) with Stop&Go function including pre-sense front. Automatic distance regulation, using radar sensors to maintain required distance by braking and accelerating. Four programs (distance 1 to distance 4) set via steering column controls of the cruise control system. Works at speeds between 0 and 155mph* and also includes Audi braking guard – a system which triggers a visual and acoustic alarm when it detects the risk of a rear end collision with the vehicle in front. In addition, the airbags are pre-conditioned if
a crash is sensed and the system is prepared to assist with the necessary braking force once the brake pedal is touched. Only available in combination with colour Driver's Information System (9Q8) and, on SE models, Bi-Xenon or all-LED lights (PXB/PX2). Not available in combination with manual transmission
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by garethsnaim

Another example of the requirement to put location, model and specific options either in your post, signature or under your avatar.

Quick Reply: Cruise control speed limit system