Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Easy Seat Entry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven

Same here. 1 out of 5 times my knee hits the headlight switch getting in. Considering how good the interior layout is, this is the only one that was poorly placed.
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought i had all this stuff programmed, but my seat / steering wheel was never moving when using my key (no. 2). My wife uses no.1 key as she is the main driver. Upon checking the setting again, I found that I did not have "remote control key" in settings checked. See pic. I checked that setting and now seat and steering wheel move when getting in/out of car.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2016, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrchntmarine
i thought i had all this stuff programmed, but my seat / steering wheel was never moving when using my key (no. 2). My wife uses no.1 key as she is the main driver. Upon checking the setting again, I found that I did not have "remote control key" in settings checked. See pic. I checked that setting and now seat and steering wheel move when getting in/out of car.
So you are stating that the seat moves in a 2016 US A6 during ingress and egress?

I thought that we had established that the seat does not move, at least in the 2012 to 2015 A6?
Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DB22, I think Mrchntmarine is talking about switching between drivers when entering using memory key functions. That does move, but it's not the easy seat function. However, I'm expecting there was a typo to indicate the seat moves when getting out of the car.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
DB22, I think Mrchntmarine is talking about switching between drivers when entering using memory key functions. That does move, but it's not the easy seat function. However, I'm expecting there was a typo to indicate the seat moves when getting out of the car.
Thank you, I think that you are probably correct. The post is a little ambiguous to the point where I thought that the 2016 may have changed the thread titles attributes.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That would be nice to have the option!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Ok, so I decided to see if I could get the seat to move on it's own. Here's what I have found so far on my MY2013 (Easy seat entry and remote control checked as always). I moved the seat all the way back manually then turned the car off and locked the car. I unlocked with my fob and saw the seat had stayed in the same rearward place as expected. Got in and while pressing the pre-programmed button and the seat returned to my preset position. Left the car.

I came out the next day and the seat was in the full back position. It had moved on its own at some point after I left the car the night before. I held the button until it returned to my regular preset. Today I ran an errand and was gone about an hour. When I returned, again the seat was all the way back. Tried it again exiting for a minute and the seat did not move back.

So, apparently what is happening is if I manually set the seat all the way back one time and exit the car then use it in the normal preset position, at some point between a few minutes and an hour after leaving the car, the seat retracts on it's own. Then, the programmed seat button must be held to move it forward to the preset position again - it will not move forward again on its own like the steering wheel. Weird.

Last edited by snagitseven; 02-23-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Strange. I'll see if I can replicate it.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so I'm clear - you have to hold the button until the movement is completed not just push it? Correct? If so, another bit of German Gruel to deal with.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is strange, but I can see what perhaps Audi is doing is associating the rearward movement with a command to move back. I thought if you hit the button without being bucked or in drive you wouldn't have to hold it to recall the position. This I suppose makes it easier to enter, but not to exit. What benefit this however does have is that you won't crush your passengers when you turn the car of like my 00 Grand Cherokee did.

Upon further reflection, just moving the wheel out of the way is perfect for me at 6'. If it moved the seat back, it would be harder for me to get in and out.

Quick Reply: Easy Seat Entry?