Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Has Anyone Done ACC Alignment Dealer Paid

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Has Anyone Done ACC Alignment Dealer Paid

Relating to the following thread, ACC & Audi Braking Guard: Unavailable, my dealer says that even under warranty if this messages comes up (without an apparent rock hit or otherwise), I have to pay over $600 to re-align it. That seems ridiculous to me.

Does anyone have experience of Audi taking care of it or having to pay for it?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

This is true.

I bought my car and was getting all the indications that you are and I was told by my dealer Mech that I needed to do a complete alignment - he then explained that it takes 6-8 hours and starts with a rear wheel alignment....lots of steps. I paid up finally (800) and since then I have not had 1 failure - vision related or anything unavailable.

If you want the system to work and have a functional ACC system - take the hit.

Scott
Old 03-23-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That is ridiculous, and it's a defect of the vehicle if the car's wheels are in alignment. Any customer would expect with a manufacturer warranty that there won't be a random >$500 failure like that.

Last edited by schalliol; 03-23-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to pay for it 3 times. My dealership charges $510.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know I've said it already, but this is just nuts on an in warranty car.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you serious? I just got my car 2 weeks ago and this already happened, I will be pissed if I have to pay for this before I even make my first car payment. Im going in on Monday...
Old 03-25-2017, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm puzzled by what's causing the issue that results in the alert message for you guys. 3 alignments needed is over the top. I had my bumper removed for hood and fender painting a couple of years ago after an accident and it was put back with no alignment done. There were no messages and my ACC has worked fine ever since. I also had my windshield replaced and the camera was removed and replaced, also w/o an alignment needed. It would seem the sensors and camera are properly affixed and shouldn't be moving around so easily.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm puzzled by what's causing the issue that results in the alert message for you guys. 3 alignments needed is over the top. I had my bumper removed for hood and fender painting a couple of years ago after an accident and it was put back with no alignment done. There were no messages and my ACC has worked fine ever since. I also had my windshield replaced and the camera was removed and replaced, also w/o an alignment needed. It would seem the sensors and camera are properly affixed and shouldn't be moving around so easily.
Same here. Bumper removed, hood replaced, repainted, bumper reinstalled no errors or ACC problems. That was 2 years ago. I also had a 4 wheel alignment done last fall and still no issues.

I have to ask, and don't get mad, but are any of you banging into things? curbs, etc?
Old 03-25-2017, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scottfree
Are you serious? I just got my car 2 weeks ago and this already happened, I will be pissed if I have to pay for this before I even make my first car payment. Im going in on Monday...
My dealer talked me out of wanting a car that had this option so I wouldn't go through this problem. He brought up how expensive it was to have it realigned.
I probably wouldn't have listened to him if he actually had one in stock with the option.

Last edited by dudley@07726; 03-26-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
I have to ask, and don't get mad, but are any of you banging into things? curbs, etc?
My frustration here is that no, I haven't been bumping into things and randomly on a nice day: BAM! Error thrown. That seems to me something that shouldn't be an expense I have to pay.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Done ACC Alignment Dealer Paid